SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have problems getting to 5th gear, I get it at the start of most journeys then its fine after that?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Year and model please. I am guessing that you are driving a car older than 1997. In that case, this is the stereotypical problem with the shift linkage. Your shift linkage needs some TLC. As always go to DIP's site. He just added some work which might aid you in your troubles.

http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/

Bookmark Dip's site is well worth it :)

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
I'd also suggest that changing the transmission oil might help. But as Asia said, the exact recommendation depends on the age of your car though.

·
Registered
335 Posts
not to steal the thread: but i have a '97, and i have trouble getting into 3rd and fifth at WOT, and sometimes fifth even when not at WOT. could this be the problem for me too? or something else?

·
Registered
487 Posts
97 SET and i have the same problem. i'm gonna have my friend who's a dealer mechanic take a look at it as soon as he gets some free time. mine does the 5th on occasion, but third grinds everytime. i think it's my synrcos. at least when my dad drove it (former Saab mech) that's what he though.

anyone do anything like eric with a top engine mount? i was thinking of using a steering dampener off a motorcycle to try and keep the engine movement to a controled minimum. (i work in a motorcycle shop)

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
desmoboy said:
I have a 1999 93, it is the same linkage as the NG900??
I think you have the same linkage as the 97 on 900's, which is a big improvement over the one that came on my car. I think the principles of adjusting the newer one is the same. However you probably wouldn't benefit from replacing and cleaning the bushings etc since these are improved, I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts