SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got approximately 500 bones and I want to upgrade my stereo. My center channel is no more. I took it out because the voice coil was blown. And it sounds like my passenger door panel speaker is not so hot. So I want to replace some speakers. The size of the ones on the dash are to small(not a standard size) something like 2 1/2 so I would need to make things bigger and i am a little nervous about that.. Also whats the deal with saab wiring its so simple like a phone jack or whatever. I can wire up a new speaker just need to be told how. Can someone just point to me what to get and I will get it, and then try to install. Thanks

2000 aero wagon, with tape deck in the factory stereo the center channel though when I took out said harmon kardon on the bottom of it... Just saying this to help you guys know what stereo i have..

Also is this going to sound any better with other speakers in there?

Or

Should I just go with an exhaust?

Or

Deliverypipe?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Forget the delivery and intake pipes!

Down pipe and race cat would really improve turbo spool up ;)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, yeah thats exactly what i was kinda leaning towards. I figure if i get the exhaust and down pipe it would sound better and maybe little boost in performance. My big thing is I drove an aero wagon with the bsr stage 1 and it wasnt really anything special. I mean I wanted the car to go VROOOOOOOOOOOOM:p . But it just when Vroom. And my aero goes Vrom... Well you get it. So anyways.. I guess the stereo doesnt matter too much if i will be wanting to listen to my pipes.

Whats going to be the overall price of the full exhaust? That is installed and everything? What options should I look at as far and downpipe and race cat/sport etc? (What about something like Finns;) ) SO SEXXY.. I dont know much about exhausts so anything would help. I know all the saab sites but doesnt mean too much just reading its a 3" etc. I guess it would need to pass inspection in Ma, for whatever that is worth.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah ouch..... And pretty sure those numbers are not installed. Ok so I will try this again..... Forget everything.... for my stereo what speakers do I put in and just what I said in the begining. Forget I said delivery pipe etc... Thanks.. I am not in that high roller league yet... emphasis on yet

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
saabnc said:
Well you said you already have Stage 1 software. If you add a catback exhaust, thats stage 2. No new software needed.
Are you sure?

Which tuner suggests this on an Aero?:confused:

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
hambone575 said:
Forget everything.... for my stereo what speakers do I put in and just what I said in the begining. Forget I said delivery pipe etc... Thanks.. I am not in that high roller league yet... emphasis on yet
Just my 2 cents, but I would stick with the stock system. Sounds like you have the AS3 system - see here for more info:
http://www.mitt-eget.com/saab/faq.shtml

The stock speakers have unusual impedances and are designed to work with the stock amp, which is designed to work with the stock head unit. I think the AS3 system sounds quite nice and I'm a bit picky about audio. I believe that to get significant improvements in sound would require replacement of all of the system - head unit, amp, speakers, wiring, etc..

My opinion, get a new center speaker form a salvage yard and save your $$$$.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RobWThanks, I was going to just ask if I could get a redo thread in order to get my questions figured out.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
hambone,

No problem - you'll find that, although we may sometimes meander around a bit (I am as guilty (if not more!) as anyone else of this:cheesy:), we usually get to the point eventually;).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts