SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
$500 discount for over 70 day parking lot sit

on new cars. I forgot the proper terminology but there is that discount for cars that have been on the lot 70 days or longer...

Is that still applicable now, even w/ the current factory rebates?

I ask b/c my salesman said that was only applicable last month only! That doesn't sound right b/c I've heard from other dealers that they can apply it..

Do I smell bs? I can't call the SAAB customer service number, or else I would call them and ask

You guys rock btw

·
Registered
615 Posts
dmg said:
on new cars. I forgot the proper terminology but there is that discount for cars that have been on the lot 70 days or longer...

Is that still applicable now, even w/ the current factory rebates?

I ask b/c my salesman said that was only applicable last month only! That doesn't sound right b/c I've heard from other dealers that they can apply it..

Do I smell bs? I can't call the SAAB customer service number, or else I would call them and ask

You guys rock btw
Just tell him that you're ready to buy with the discount. Whether its from him or from another (local) dealer. If he says no, then give the same story to the other dealer.
One of them will bite.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SAABroma,
I already have financing arranged, and was set to sign final papers today, but decided to wait, as the transaction smelled iffy. I got another quote from a dealer out of state incl. shipping and it's still 1000 under my only local dealer.

So, that 500 dollars is applicable to certain dealers only? So, unless my local dealer can go down more, then I'm buying out of state...

·
Registered
213 Posts
best deal is found on the net, go to carsdirect.com. They will find the car with the exact colors and options for you and ship it to your closest dealer. Ive purchased 2 cars from them and hardly anything over dealer invoice.

·
Registered
615 Posts
dmg said:
Thanks SAABroma,
I already have financing arranged, and was set to sign final papers today, but decided to wait, as the transaction smelled iffy. I got another quote from a dealer out of state incl. shipping and it's still 1000 under my only local dealer.

So, that 500 dollars is applicable to certain dealers only? So, unless my local dealer can go down more, then I'm buying out of state...
I'm not sure where its applicable.
What you should do it this:
*Check the other dealer's intentory.
*If they have the car you want, pass the quote on to your local dealer.
*If your local dealer doesn't match it, ask for your deposit back. And put a deposit on the car at the other dealer ASAP.

If you buy a car out of state you'll only pay local tax. Atleast thats how it worked out for me. I bought a car in PA, and registerred it in DE. I only paid DE tax.

Good Hunting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts