SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As an additional point, where can we source the 3-pin connectors used with the CPS's? I believe they're a volvo style but don't know if that's correct.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just received my replacement CPS sensor from Mouser. I haven't been down in that area of the engine in quite a while. Is this a direct fit or are there any modifications that would need to be done besides swapping out the connector?

·
Registered
11,901 Posts
For the low cost of the sensor, the fact it will die eventually, and the total failure of the car that results it would be silly to not have one around.

Also, take extraordinary care of the bracket the sensor mounts it. They are impossible to find and the car is useless without that little piece of metal.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The casting that the sensor element mounts in is 100 percent NLA as new so if you can acquire any spares of those just for the sake of having some you then also get spare connectors, spare sheathing, and the castings. I've broken one before and it really **** me off because I knew how rare they are.

When I last replaced the one in my 2.1 car I used the Bill Saabits kit. I solder-joined and very carefully heatshrunk the splice joints but I wouldn't be surprised if something is wrong with those joints now after a year. I have one other 2.1 motor (still in a car) that I haven't got around to pulling out yet (the body is a rust bucket).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts