SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I brought the 9-7x to the dealer today to take care of a noisy idle pulley and the dealer is now recommending I get a transmission flush, AWD differential fluid flush/replacement, and a “top engine flush”/induction service at a cost of $215, $340, and $250 respectively.

Are any of these necessary at 45,000 miles? Both the trany and differential flush seem premature. I have no idea what the third service even is, something to do with removing carbon but at this point I think all 3 are unnecessary, especially at dealer prices.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
699 Posts
At 50K miles, tranny fluid replacement, differential fluid replacement, and transfer case fluid replacement, and air filter are the recommended services.

Check your owners manual.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just had my transmission fluid, front and rear diff, transfer case, brake fluid and oil changed at 42,800 miles.

The dealer said that the fluids were extremely dirty and needed to be flushed ASAP.

The air filter was clean on the other hand.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Sorry, but I have a GMC Sierra and although the badges are different, the internal engine/drive train is the same. What a rip off from the so-called Saab dealers. My Sierra has cost me $.17/mile not including gas and I get 18 mpg city/highway; what has everyone else's 9-7 cost them per mile? I think it has been much more... Ron

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anytime you get work done at the 'SAAB' dealer, call a few competing GM dealers and ask your 'SAAB' dealer to beat the price. They always do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts