SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive flashed a few cards before, via Tis2000, however has anybody gotton the 32mb china cards to take the 10mb 44.000 program?

what i get is a message that reads

e4907 download of 10mb software version is not allowed for strata flash card

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Just replied on the other thread.....best option is to buy a china card and then use one of the utility programs outside Tech 2.
If you have original cards I wouldnt risk a direct write with either the card writer pcmcia software or the other rs232 program I linked as it could end up a one way street.

·
Registered
4 Posts
44.000 32mb bin

Just adding this in case it helps someone. So people have had problems writing the 10mb bin to a 32mb card. So I made this. This is the 44.000 bin that is 32mb.

Hopefully this helps someone.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Incredible coincidence as I just came here to ask about doing exactly this and found your topic floated to the top.

Unfortunately, there is no link or attachment in your message. :)

Any comments on a reliable 32mb to write to? I was thinking about just ordering a random Tech2 card from China since they're about $16 shipped, but perhaps there is a better option - I know people have had problems writing to the clone cards. FWIW, I will be using Tech2 Cardwriter, as I'm running the software on a desktop and don't have a PCMCIA slot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It will not let me link or attach. Not enough posts yet ? I just have the china ones. No problems so far. I made my 44.000 card using the Tech 2 and Cardwriter also. Then found a PCMCIA laptop, and made a copy of the 32mb 44.000 card. I was going to attach it here, but can't as of yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for posting this! also for those onlookers, i still havent gotten into my old username after the password was changed.

'so this is my user name now

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Ha. I neglected to report back.

I did write this bin to an aliexpress-sourced PCMCIA card, overwriting an existing 148 card using tech2writer. Worked flawlessly, reads the LH 2.4 in my '85 SPG.

(Which is sort of wasteful, as pretty soon I'm gonna talk to MikeD about T5ing that thing. :D )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone still have the software? The link provided above is no longer valid. I’ve got 3 9000s I would love to get various issues resolved on! Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1997 Saab NG900 Cabrio 2.0T; 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero Ttid Sportwagon
14 Posts
Found the 32mb 44.000 here: trionictuning.com - Login

Also, as I don't have a 12v PCMCIA slot on the PC, I am trying to install to a 32mb card using tech2 cardwriter found here: tech2_cardwriter.rar

Easy to use, you just point and shoot at your COM port (check with Device Manager) and select your bin file where you have saved it.

It's a slow process, 32mb is a lot for a Serial COM port. If it doesn't work, you'll here more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts