SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I just bought myself a used '05 Linear 9-3 , I absolutely love the car, but the sound system is completely lacking in bass. I believe I have the 4 speaker system and i was considering adding an amp and sub woofer in the trunk, but i dont know where to find a bass signal, either line level or speaker level. I did some research and it seems that the rear speakers are filtered to not have low frequencies and i dont seem to have the door speakers.
So were i can tap into either a bass signal or a full range signal to send to an amp?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh thanks, I looked and yes I do have that amp, however there is no sound from either speakers in my door. What could cause just the two door speakers to no longer function?

·
Super Moderator
8,667 Posts
Welcome to SC..4got that in the previous post..

the amp powers the 2 door & center dash speaker,as well as providing bass to the door speakers only.it's toast,you're not alone in having to replace if you want the bass ..

it's more than likely the amp has been by-passed,as when it goes there is no audio..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it possible to simple replace Amp 1 or does it need to be done with a tech II or other saab weirdness? will the fact that its bypassed affect the installation of a replacement amp?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've had someone else's amp1 in my car (to troubleshoot my amp1) and it did not require any Tech2 to work. So it should be just plug and play. A bypass should be done in the amp1 itself unless the amp1 was removed and a Saab fiber optic loopback adapter was installed (little black clip that loops the 2 orange fiber optic wires.)

If the amp1 is still there, then either it has been looped within the amp1 itself or your door speakers are simply toast. (My left door speaker is dead even though my amp1 was still working and sending bass to the sole remaining door speaker on the right which is also blown and about to die.)

I guess a volt meter on the speaker connectors should at least show if your door speakers are getting any signals at all. If so, you may want to try some other door speakers (6.5" and 2 ohm) before investing in a new/used/refurb amp1.

Check here to get your amp1 refurbished or purchase a replacement amp1:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/autohausfactoryradio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts