SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me as I know this is a common topic on here but I'm extremely confused.

My 05 linear has the 4 speaker system and I'd like to go to the Pick'n'pull and rip out a 7 speaker system including the head unit. Has anyone done this? I would imagine you need a tech 2 to marry the head unit. Would I need to rip the dash apart to get at an amp?

Thanks for any help. If someone has seen a thread about it that I can't find would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
8,676 Posts
I thought the US cars got 7speakers as standard,check under front left seat for amp1 or connections for it..

·
Super Moderator
19,643 Posts
Forgive me as I know this is a common topic on here but I'm extremely confused.

My 05 linear has the 4 speaker system and I'd like to go to the Pick'n'pull and rip out a 7 speaker system including the head unit. Has anyone done this? I would imagine you need a tech 2 to marry the head unit. Would I need to rip the dash apart to get at an amp?

Thanks for any help. If someone has seen a thread about it that I can't find would be appreciated
We never got 4 speakers here so something is missing on your car or you need to look harder.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I thought the US cars got 7speakers as standard,check under front left seat for amp1 or connections for it..
All the US cars got at least 7 speakers. Two front corners, a center dash mounted, two front door speakers and two rear deck speakers.

The upgrade comes in the form of a pair of 6" by 9" additional in the rear deck.
The four corner speakers are pretty crappy in both set ups and replacing them is the first thing anyone looking to upgrade should do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts