SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I joined back in the day with my first 900 which I loved.

Now I'm feeling nostalgic and have 4 possible projects :

1) getting clean looking manual 9000 2.0t and tuning the hell out of it
2) getting a mint 9000 v6 auto with a blown head gasket and fixing it
3) getting a 2.3t (non-aero), engine sounds nice but needs a lotta love on the interior /exterior
4) buying 2 and 3 and swapping engines / drivetrains

What would you go for?

·
Registered
116 Posts
The answer is always MANUAL TURBO. Easiest option is #1.

That being said, if its a big project you're after, put the 2.3T in the mind 9000 body and swap the engine IF its as simple as swapping parts.

It'll mean transmission, axels, shift linkages, pedal assemblies, ECUs, wiring harness and probably speed cluster and radiator.

If you have to start splicing wiring harnesses...I'd reconsider...unless of course that's your thing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! V6 is a no go then, didn't know i had to swap so many parts and i don't have that much experience.

So I'll go with the 2.0t manual. I was reading and I'll start with ECU + APC valve. My two main concerns :

1) For the apc valve, my only doubt are the silicon hoses that are connected to it. Are these standard parts that you could buy anywhere? Being in Argentina, imported parts can get hard to find.

2) can a 2.3t gauge cluster be fitted to the 2.0t? Only because I love the apc boost gauge but if it's too much trouble I'll just leave it as is

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update :

Regarding the hoses question, I'll buy the valve with hoses included to avoid beaches.

Still not sure about fitting the 2.3t gauge cluster (with apc gauge) on to the 2.0t (no apc gauge).

Just left a deposit for the 2.0t. Will take it to the garage next week for a general inspection and if there are no major issues I should have it for the end of the month.

After that I'm planning to buy

1) An ECU + APC T5 > T7 conversion kit from "saabtunerscott" over ebay. Not only is it well priced but comms were excellent and answers were very detailed.

2) A polyurethane bushings kit assuming the current ones will need replacement, plus I read that they stiffen suspension a bit and reduce body roll.

3) I'll probably have to get new shocks, any suggestions or should I just go for ebay?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts