SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MP Performance is selling a stainless steel 3in downpipe with sport cat for $445, and Genuine Saab is selling the JT 3in downpipe with sport cat for nearly $800. What gives??? Is there that big of a quality difference?

In other news...the price of the Nordic upgrades from Genuine Saab just dropped $160.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Yes there is a big difference in quality. But here is the kicker...the MP downpipe is higher quality than the JT one. The reason for the price difference is that the MP pipe is made here in the USA and sold directly by the manufacturer while the JT pipe is made overseas and then imported to be resold by a distributer. Another good source to check is www.jakstollperformance.com.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good info! Last time I checked Jak Stoll he was selling the stainless steel version for $500, and whatever the other one was made of for $400.

·
Registered
160 Posts
he quoted me $800 for the entire exhaust in 3", but he makes it from scratch. He told me that he can make anything i want, out of anything i want.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
That's what I had done. I brought him the mufflers and tip and he put it all together and installed it in 3" stainless steel. The system fits absolutely perfectly with no rattles or anything.

·
Registered
610 Posts
nordic upgrades dropped in price????

i just loked and it still says $911.20
am i missing something??

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh well the last time I looked which was maybe a week or two ago it was $1072, which is the price I paid several months ago. So I guess "just dropped" was a relative term.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't doubt it. However, I have the remus exhaust, and it is fairly new, and I like it, and it has lifetime warranty, so I wouldn't need the works. I could save $55 going with MP Perf on the stainless steel, but then I'd probably need to pay shipping. Visiting Jak's place would give me a nice excuse to take my car into the mountains, though! :) Do either of those stainless steel versions come with a warranty? I'll keep thinking.....

·
Registered
160 Posts
i had just talked with him on the phone today about turbo upgrades since mine is failing and makes me cry;oops: . i have a lot of questions to ask, but he told me that he would lead me in a right direction to get maximum performance. i am just trying to save some cash, i am on a poor college student budget:( and still paying on my car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts