SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

The blower motor of my 2000 Saab 95 is broken. I ordered a spare part via Ebay and asked a repair shop to replace the old one.

For the replacement they want to charge me 3 working hours. I thought changing a blower motor would take less time...?

What is your opinion about this issue?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Have you done the trouble shooting to determine that the blower is the problem? If you did, you would have used a VOM to trace battery and ground to the blower, and it was present, but the blower did not run. If you haven't done this yet, maybe the 3 hours includes troubleshooting. ALso, I would check the WIS to see what is involved with changing the blower... Ron

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Having done this job before - YES!

Easy but very tedious. Lots of stuff to carefully remove to gain access to the blower compartment. A wiper puller will be worth its weight in gold for this job.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Having done this job before - YES!

Easy but very tedious. Lots of stuff to carefully remove to gain access to the blower compartment. A wiper puller will be worth its weight in gold for this job.
I disagree
Having done this job it would take someone even modestly experienced 1-1.5 hrs. The procedure is quite simple. Remove wiper arms, remove wiper assembly, pull out old blower, put in new, reassemble everything. And yes a wiper puller or ball joint separator tools makes things much simpler.

You can do this yourself don't pay anyone to do it for you.
I think there is a picture DIY somewhere around here.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Yes, it's called the WIS... Ron
Eleven pages of instructions in the WIS to remove and replace the blower motor. I wish I was at work, I have a copy of OnDemand5 on my work PC which gives suggested billable labor hours for car repair jobs, as well as Manufacturer Warranty hours for these same repairs.

Oh well. I'll have to wait until Monday to see how slow I might be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts