SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to drive up to Seattle again today. It was 340 miles roundtrip. I average 32 mpg. :D

Oh, and a scenery pic.

·
Registered
679 Posts
32! I find it hard to believe! I think my best ever was filling up next to a freeway on ramp and setting up the cruise control right away, had a fiew instances of hitting the brakes but I think it only got up to 27mpg.

I think my injectors are too big :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thank god for our good gas mileage...I need something to offset the 15-20 mpg Jeep Liberty I just ordered for my fiancee. Ah well, at least I'll be able to tow the Saab cross country. :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
expect to see 1.2-3% lower actual mileage when you do the real math.

32 isnt bad... Ill bet your car can easily get higher! Ive hit 37 for long trips (real math at fillup), and over 40 on the computer!

USNA: Shouldve gotten the liberty diesel!!!!!

JMH

·
Registered
159 Posts
42 mpg! Is that for real? The highest mine's ever got so far was 28 mpg on the highway. My question is, how come your SID says "No Onstar"? I thought none of the new 9-3's were equipped with Onstar anyways?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'll usually see 31+ MPG on long trips. That's at 80+ MPH too. Coming from a V8 Grand Cherokee that was lucky to see 18 MPG, I'm impressed (but not impressed with the $2.90/gal I paid this past weekend for gas :roll: ).

·
Registered
638 Posts
WOW. Thats a high price per gallon. Guess Im spoiled by the low NJ prices, but still.

Definitely have to appreciate the fuel economy these cars provide, given their size and power output. Prety good, IMO. Especially when a car like the ford focus only gets 35 on the sticker, and a linear gets 34. BIG difference in car size, weight, power, etc.

JMH

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish!!!

Guys stop with the complaining.

I wish I could get petrol for that price. In Scotland petrol costs:

£0.83 per litre
thats £3.32 per gallon
thats $6.42 USD per gallon

and still it rises!!!!!!!

Although..... when you press your foot down, you sit back and enjoy the SAAB and the last thing on your mind is the price of fuel, right??

·
Registered
174 Posts
Riiiiiight!

Although when the price per gallon increases 10%-20% in a week, I tend to keep the turbo gauge out of the "consume gas fast" range.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I've had 34.7 mpg driving out of the "use gas fast " range of boost and down to 20.3 mpg if I have been pressing on. They are calculated from fill to fill. Don't think I have had a tank average under 20. Maybe that is next weeks challenge!.

High gear and no braking was the key to good consumption - I also resorted to running with the aircon normally off and not revving beyond 3000 rpm. Quite a challenge to stick to but strangely relaxing. Instaneous consumption from home to work from cold - 36.7 mpg. I was impressed.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I guess that we in the UK have bigger gallons than in the US - 4.546 litres instead of 3.785, thats a 20% difference..... so my 36.7 mpg (imperial) would be just 30.5 mpg in the US. Not quite so special I guess.....:confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
My best was 38.0 on the SID / 36.0 actual on a 1700 mile trip to North Carolina last year. MPG was helped by heavy traffic keeping the average speed around 60 mph.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts