SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...anybody running 30mm spacers (REAR) on stock wheels (225/45/17) lowered or stock height??? -I notice Eibach and H&R both carry 30mm spacers for Saab 9-3's. I have 15mm on all 4 (lowered on H&R springs) and I'm def NOT satisfied, I'm looking to change to 20mm (front) and 30mm (rear) setup.

·
Super Moderator
9,709 Posts
...anybody running 30mm spacers (REAR) on stock wheels (225/45/17) lowered or stock height??? -I notice Eibach and H&R both carry 30mm spacers for Saab 9-3's. I have 15mm on all 4 (lowered on H&R springs) and I'm def NOT satisfied, I'm looking to change to 20mm (front) and 30mm (rear) setup.

15mm front and 25mm rear. Best combo. 5mm isn't much difference but you don't need more than 25mm in the rear.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
where are these 30mm you speak of? H&R definitely doesn't offer them, but had no luck on Eibachs site though, so they might.

·
Registered
609 Posts
where are these 30mm you speak of? H&R definitely doesn't offer them, but had no luck on Eibachs site though, so they might.

The 25's in the back arent even completely flush for me. 15mms are very flush in the front

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
The 25's in the back arent even completely flush for me. 15mms are very flush in the front
i've been noticing that. i went with 15 and 25 also and gonna do the KW V2's with in the next 2-3 weeks. if this guy actually includes a link to the 30's i might have to look into them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The 30mm spacers are'nt listed under Saab its under Opel (Models: Signum, Astra, Vectra). Those models share the same bolt pattern: 5x110, center bore: 65, and thread: 12x1.5. The H&R part no. is 6045650. Im one click away from purchasing on amazon... HERE

The rear wheels in these pics is where I want to be w/stock 05 aero wheels (225/45/17). Front 20mm/Rear 30mm should do the trick, similar to the 2nd pic.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I honestly would not do more then 15 on the stock wheels up front. They are almost poking and it throws water/dirt all over the side of the car lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
i suggest to keep 15mm all round, that's the set up im running actually, adding thicker spacers to the back only will increase understeer, the rear wheels tuck in more than the front is for a reason.

·
Registered
707 Posts
In complete agreement with ken and greenydsm! Why exacerbate the understeer? And every bit wider challenges balance (vibration, particularly at the front), wheel bearings too. Besides: Maintaining the native Saab front/rear proportions is a kind of anti-BMW cool :cool:

'Flush' is a term that needs to be fleshed out: You're talking about flush as seen from above (I think). But from the side or rear you may be beyond flush already.

Granted they're different layouts/body styles, etc. but have a look at my Turbo X (minorly Hirsch lowered, 10mm at front only) from a variety of angles: I'm already pushing the limits (and that on a meagre 7.5 inch width wheel of .40 -- I think --offset):

View attachment 30154 TurboXRear-CanTirePrkngLot-PostHirschOct23-11.jpg TurboX-FrontRghtZoom-postHirsch-Oct23-11.jpg TurboX-lft3,4-PostHirsch-CantirePrk-Oct23-11.jpg

What is the stock wheel width (as opposed to tire width) on your vehicle -- is it 7 inches or 7.5 inches? Offset will determine amount wheels poke out too.

and lowered how much?

Pictures will reveal!

[Will concede that I've come across a Turbo X SC with 15mm front/20mm rear spacers on stock X wheels that arguably looked good too--but even then the owner admitted it didn't make sense and was to revert to 15mm all round]

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let me help you guys out. -FLUSH!!!

Using 08+ body style as reference isn't doing any justice + you car isn't that low so 10mm would look fine... Stock offset on 03-05 aero wheels are ET41 width is 7 inches. TX (lowered) w/stock wheels + 15mm spacer all around = Aero (lowered) w/stock wheel + 20mm spacer all around.

IDK, if you're misunderstanding me or not but I am fully aware front wheel drive cars are wider in the front. I DONT WANT A STAGGERED setup like a rear wheel drive car. My car is lowered (H&R/KONI) I just need my front/rear wheels FLUSH w/fender NOT STAGGERED. I've seen alot of 15/16, 15/20, 16/20, and 15/25 setups in this forum.

VENON55 car (GORGEOUS STANCE BTW) has 15/25 w/stock wheels/tires and is almost perfect to want I want, so I figured 20/30 if not pushing limit.

My car right now 15mm all around:

Where I want to be:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
If I'm right the stock setup has the front track a full inch wider than the rear so adding spacers that are only 10mm wider than your front spacers will still leave you just about even.
Example:
Front is 10 wide, plus you add 1 and 1 on each side for spacers you are 12.

Rear is 9 wide and you add 2 and 2 on each side that is 13.

I highly doubt that for the daily driver (heck even those tracking the car), you are going to notice the majorly minor increase in understeer on a car already prone to understeer. I doubt that most of us even drive aggressively enough on the street to get to the point of understeer. It's not like if I have wider spacers in the rear and I try to make a simple right hand turn that my car is going to slide off the road. Give it a break, wider spacers in the rear will make a negligble difference in handling.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I agree, unless you're actually autoxing your car, an inch difference between fronts and rears is truly unnoticeable. When I went from 15s on all 4 corners to 15s in front and 25s in rear, I saw no difference in understeer. Now, if I took off the 15s in the front, and transferred the 25s to the front with no spacers in the back, I might see a difference :) but I'd look ridiculous.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
In complete agreement with ken and greenydsm! Why exacerbate the understeer? And every bit wider challenges balance (vibration, particularly at the front), wheel bearings too. Besides: Maintaining the native Saab front/rear proportions is a kind of anti-BMW cool :cool:

'Flush' is a term that needs to be fleshed out: You're talking about flush as seen from above (I think). But from the side or rear you may be beyond flush already.

Granted they're different layouts/body styles, etc. but have a look at my Turbo X (minorly Hirsch lowered, 10mm at front only) from a variety of angles: I'm already pushing the limits (and that on a meagre 7.5 inch width wheel of .40 -- I think --offset):

View attachment 30154 View attachment 30155 View attachment 30156 View attachment 30157

What is the stock wheel width (as opposed to tire width) on your vehicle -- is it 7 inches or 7.5 inches? Offset will determine amount wheels poke out too.

and lowered how much?

Pictures will reveal!

[Will concede that I've come across a Turbo X SC with 15mm front/20mm rear spacers on stock X wheels that arguably looked good too--but even then the owner admitted it didn't make sense and was to revert to 15mm all round]
That car is amazing, sooooo nice!!! I wish they had made a TurboX vert, that woulda been hottttt!!!

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Let me help you guys out. -FLUSH!!!

Using 08+ body style as reference isn't doing any justice + you car isn't that low so 10mm would look fine... Stock offset on 03-05 aero wheels are ET41 width is 7 inches. TX (lowered) w/stock wheels + 15mm spacer all around = Aero (lowered) w/stock wheel + 20mm spacer all around.

IDK, if you're misunderstanding me or not but I am fully aware front wheel drive cars are wider in the front. I DONT WANTED A STAGGERED setup like a rear wheel drive car. My car is lowered (H&R/KONI) I just need my front/rear wheels FLUSH w/fender NOT STAGGERED. I've seen alot of 15/16, 15/20, 16/20, and 15/25 setups in this forum.

VENON55 car (GORGEOUS STANCE BTW) has 15/25 w/stock wheels/tires and is almost perfect to want I want, so I figured 20/30 if not pushing limit.

My car right now 15mm all around:

Where I want to be:
Isn't the second pic, the car with the 15 spoke SAAB/BBS rims from the SAAB sales and options brochure. I read somewhere that those promo shots were all photoshopped. But it does look good.

·
Registered
602 Posts
anyone try this yet? after waiting a month the seller jusy informed me my 25mm eibachs were going to be a few more weeks so i might have to do 30mm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts