SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone give me some insight on what road I need to go down to make this all fit? Do i need to front uprights (is there a newer style upright?) to work with the Aero carriers/calipers? Or do I modify my old caliper brackets to fit the new aero calipers? any adivise would be greatly appreciated! I have purchased all that I know to be used for the swap. (aero calipers, aero rotors, aero caliper brackets, pads, and braided lines) My old brackets look like they can be modified to work but it will not be a quick process. Thanks guys,

Matt

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First pic is aero bracket on left and stock 900 bracket on right.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mounting holes just no even close to lining up on my upright

·
Registered
261 Posts
im pretty sure you need strut assemblies off a 97+ ng900 to make things work with the aero brakes (ive got a set btw)
Yeah pretty sure the change for '97 was the hubs (which you need the strut assemblies). That's why pads for the fronts are good from '97+

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Came from a 2002 I guess that would make sense to them not working.... Have you guys heard of people grinding the factory ng bracket to fit the larger aero caliper?

·
Registered
742 Posts
It should be a simple case of swapping them over and fitting the larger discs. You shouldn't need to grind anything The only snag that you can run into is that the hub itself (the bit with the wheel bolt threads) can be too large to fit within the bell of the 308mm disc. There is no guarantee this will happen though as some early cars came with the right size hubs. (even back in 1995)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts