SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, it's time to sell wheel sets I have as I was informed that my landlord will be selling the house this summer. Why do I have so many wheels? well, yes, I am a wheel junkie! :cheesy:

Wheels can be picked up around Champaign, IL, or I can probably deliver to Chicago and Indianapolis Area. I am willing to deliver to other places within a reasonable distance. I can ship one set of wheels, (got four boxes that'd exactly fit) but we would have to see how much the postage would be.

While I would like to sell these rims, I am looking to trade for either 17x8 or 18x8 lightweight rims for autocrossing. I really need 8" lightweight rims and 245 or 255 tires in order to be competitive in G-Stock class! While I pondered on buying an autocross-specific car, I really want to prove that a stock Saab can be just as competitive as other sport cars in the class.

For trades, I can add money on top depending on what rim it is. (Diameter, width, offset) If possible, I would like 17x8 BBS RK1s. Please let me know on what you have in cases of trades. I am open to reasonable price adjustments.

All wheels are 17" and 5x110 bolt set.

Ion Redlines

These wheels are 17x7.5, ET40, 5x110 and are fairly lightweight! (19.5lbs each by calculating (Wheel+Tire)-Tire weight). I am only selling these to get 17x8 rims for mounting 245 tires.

All wheels are in pretty good contions, but to make it chrome-shiny, it would require polishing. Comes with centercaps as pictured. I used wider front tires to mitigate possible understeers. All tires are in VERY GOOD condition! I am asking $550.

Tires were all recently balanced within 2000 miles!

Two are Falken Ziex 912: 215/45/ZR17, treads are in this condition:

The other two are Michellin Pilot Sports A/S, 225/45/ZR17, with one tire professionally patched due to a nail.

Please don't hesitate to PM me. Thanks for viewing!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Aero Twins:

These wheels are in fairly good condition, with some curb rash that does not stand out too much. Comes with centercaps as pictured.

Tires did not see any abuse other than a bit of highway onramp cornering. Two are Pilot Sport 2s (Bought at $210 each), the other two are like-new condition Pilot Sports (bought at $198 each). All tires are balanced without any vibrations.

PS1s were manufactured on 44th week of 2008, and were mounted on early 2009. PS2s have manufacturing date of 48th week of 2007, and was mounted in late 2008. Please look at pics below for the remaining treads.

I am asking $650.

Wheels:
#1:

#2:

#3:

#4:

Tire conditions:
Pilot Sports:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Pilot Sport 2s:

DOT date:

BBS RK II or RK 511s:
17x8 ET35

These need to be refinished / repaired. Clearcoats are peeling off on all four rims. On two rims however, lips are bent from awesome Chicago roads.

Professional shop who inspected it told me the two wheels only have bends on the lip, and can certainly be repaired since there is no crack or axial bends. Spokes are good too. It would be very good deal for someone who can repair / refinish these rims themselves. I am somewhat firm on $350.

Three tires of 225/45/17 are on these rims:
1. Michelin Pilot Sport HX (Usable, plenty of treads)
2. Pirelli Pzero Nero (Due for replacement)
3. Pirelli P6 (Plenty of treads)

Two Good rims:

Bad rims:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Now that's how a for sale thread is supposed to look. Detailed pictures and prices. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Is that a pair of 17" 225 width pirelli rossos for separate sale too?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for a slow response! I just finished rolling in a new timing chain, installing exhaust, engine desludging (yuk, took so much time!), and sump dropped. Took 2.5 days!

(But then, I still have the subframe bushings to do. This should take two days too. Durr. :( I am not gonna sell this car, evar! :cheesy:)

Enough off topic;oops:. I have responded to all PMs. As for the BBS RK rims, I am willing to separate the tires.

I may be able to find boxes from a local wheel/tire place. I'd like to use boxes that'll exactly fit the wheel with decent padding so it doesn't get damaged in any way. Please PM me for BBS RKs' with desired price and your zip code for shipping approximate.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Damn if you were only closer :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts