SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a custom 3" stainless cat-back put on, makes a nice 'whooshing' noise when in the torque curve (the rest will follow when it either falls apart or when I can afford it).

A boost gauge would help I know, but I'm wondering if I've made enough of a drop in backpressure to necessitate winding the wastgate rod?

·
Registered
176 Posts
prionailurus said:
Just had a custom 3" stainless cat-back put on, makes a nice 'whooshing' noise when in the torque curve (the rest will follow when it either falls apart or when I can afford it).

A boost gauge would help I know, but I'm wondering if I've made enough of a drop in backpressure to necessitate winding the wastgate rod?
Call me a noob but...What's the difference between a 'cat-back' exhaust system and a 'full-exhaust' kit?:confused:

·
Registered
247 Posts
white93cse said:
Call me a noob but...What's the difference between a 'cat-back' exhaust system and a 'full-exhaust' kit?:confused:
i think he means from the converter back out to the rear of the car ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not enough to notice.

Unless you've also got a 3" downpipe and high-flow 3" cat before it. Then it'll make a difference.

·
Registered
247 Posts
white93cse said:
Right, so...Will a cat-back exhaust system really yield any increase in power?
. no, you have to dump the cat and go ,what i call ,straight oot,by the way theory has it, that it is the same reading for the emission test ,either with cat or without ,it should bump up the horses by about 25 if you fit a 3" no cat straight oot,thats whit i was told ,and thats what i`m gonnae do in the next few weeks,keep you posted with my findings;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
bobbyd said:
. no, you have to dump the cat and go ,what i call ,straight oot,by the way theory has it, that it is the same reading for the emission test ,either with cat or without ,it should bump up the horses by about 25 if you fit a 3" no cat straight oot,thats whit i was told ,and thats what i`m gonnae do in the next few weeks,keep you posted with my findings;)
Please do.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts