SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
I have a 2.5 complete stainless exhaust system and a 3 downpipe that I don't fit yet. I would like to know if there a mean to find in the market a reducer that will permit to fit the downpipe properly in a good material able to support high temp..
I was thinking to make one but you'd like to know if somebody here has already fitted a 3 downpipe to the standard exhaust or to a 2.5 exhaust...some pics of your reducer and fittings would be perfect...

thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
I am getting a 3" downpipe soon im goona put it straight on to the standard exhaust till i can a ford the rest of the 3" system.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
aeroman said:
hello
I have a 2.5 complete stainless exhaust system and a 3 downpipe that I don't fit yet. I would like to know if there a mean to find in the market a reducer that will permit to fit the downpipe properly in a good material able to support high temp..
I was thinking to make one but you'd like to know if somebody here has already fitted a 3 downpipe to the standard exhaust or to a 2.5 exhaust...some pics of your reducer and fittings would be perfect...

thanks
3" to 2.5" is a common item, I know summittracing.com have them in various levels of quality. But you can find it closer to home, any agent selling Walker parts or any competent exhaust shop has these or can easily make one, try in UK one of the chains that sells s/s systems.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Simons/Jetex have 3" to 2.5" (and 2.5"to 2") adapters in their 'universal range' too, as I would suspect do most (if not all) of the aftermarket/performance exhaust makes that have a line of universal-fit stuff (Laser, DNX etc. etc.).

My custom 3" downpipe (deleting the front silencer and including the 3"-2.5" reducers at the turbo flange and at the end where it meets the 2.5" Simons half system) was welded together from Simons universal pipe and bends by a local tuning shop.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Speaking of exhausts...today I just ordered from Demon Tweeks a Jetex 'decibel insert'. You put this into the end of the tailpipe and it helps cut down on noise. My friend's titanium can on his WRX has a similar piece, works rather well.

My exhaust is 3" all the way from the turbo. No catalyst, and two straight through type resonators. Actually, the inside of the reasonators look like augers. At any rate, it's rather loud - loud enough to set off car alarms and to p*ss off neighbours enough to call the police. (I have a cranky neighbour!). Add that to the fact that I must be getting old and wanting a mellower exhaust tone led me to that Jetex piece. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything that would fit made by Vibrant, a Canadian manufacturer, hence going all the way to the UK for a small piece.

FYI, www.vibrantperformance.com does have something similar, but made for larger diameter tips - I actually don't have any tip at all, it's just the pipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts