SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
turbo-ing the V6

Hi,

Please be nice to me but........I haven't got a saab :eek: I've got a Cavalier V6.

I've got 1 sitting on a drive with a dead engine.

I've been told that the V6 lump out of the 900 is the same and will drop straight into a cavalier.

I've had to buy another car as a run about and want to do something special with my broken cav. It needs to be special to keep up with all the jap crap and a 9-3 viggen convertable that's in the area :cool:

My idea of special is turbo-ing the V6 and thought i'd ask here cus I've got a feeling a saab nutter (meant in a good way) would have done it.

cheers,

mig

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,

some might have read my thread in the 900 section.....

I don't drive a saab :eek: I drive a Cavalier V6. I've got 1 with a broken engine sitting on a drive and want to do something special with it.

I've been told that with a bit of work the 3.0l V6 out of the 9-5 will go in. I've looked at the technical info on Parkers and only shows the 3.0l V6 came with an auto box :cry:

Is it possible to convert it to manual?

Cheers,

mig

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just realised this is in the wrong section :D

could a mod move it to the NG 900 section please

·
Registered
150 Posts
The 3-litre (minus turbo) was installed in the Omega...but in rear wheel drive configuration, as it also had the 2.5 fitted in some versions (like the 2.0) then it shouldn't be a problem...

good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, thats basically what i've been told :cheesy:

I don't know much about saabs, apart from that there's some fast 1's out there.

What gear boxe's if any would be able to be used to convert it to manual?

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
a twin turbo V6 would have to use smallish turbos,and some sort of any knock protection.get that sorted then you have to worry about torque steer...

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Well the Saab 9-5 ran a "***-metric" turbo version of the 3.0 Ellesmere Port motor. It made only 200hp in North America....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GearHead said:
a twin turbo V6 would have to use smallish turbos,and some sort of any knock protection.get that sorted then you have to worry about torque steer...
torque steer, just have to hold on tighter :cheesy:

i must've been mistaken in reading, that a saab manifold would bolt straight on. unless i was reading about the omega 3.0l V6 which is the base for the 9-5 3.0l turbo.

looks like my little project will have to go on hold. putting a 3.0l V6 in a cavalier is a bit of hard work :cry:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Hey, V6 Cavs go allrite. They go even faster with age (less bodywork to tow around :lol: ).

Seriously, I think the Calibra V6 has a cammier version of the same engine which should fit; if you can find one in Podders.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts