SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im new to the board, hopefully one of you kind people can help me. :lol:

My dad owns the above Saab which is an O2 plate and recently he has experienced the car cutting out whilst out driving the car, he has said the engine management light has came on when it has done this but not every time.
Apparently once it had cut out and came to a halt it started up fine again.
I beleive it has done this a few times and he took it to saab to put it on the diagnostic equipment which brought up a fault code relating to the camshaft sensor plausibility circuit or something along those lines.
Saab claimed they havnt had the fault before and didnt know what was causing it so he took the car back. Now the car has cut out yet again and will not start up.
Apparently it will turn over and if held on the cranking position of the ignition it will run but as soon as you let the ignition back to the position the engine would normally run at it cuts out.
My dad has checked the ignition switch which seemed like the most likely problem but apparently it isnt that. :roll:
Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas on what may be wrong with it and does anyone by any chance have any wiring diagrams for this particular model?
Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
He has the diesel so completely different system from what most of us are used to. Not sure if a diesel even has a crank position sensor, since there is no ignition system. If a diesel cuts out, it HAS to be due to fuel being cut for some reason (not ignition).

·
Registered
30 Posts
MacNoob said:
He has the diesel so completely different system from what most of us are used to. Not sure if a diesel even has a crank position sensor, since there is no ignition system. If a diesel cuts out, it HAS to be due to fuel being cut for some reason (not ignition).

Diesels do have a crank position sensor same as petrols :)

Its used in the injector timing system on all diesels (common rail type) not just Saab's..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replys!

Its actually the camshaft position sensor that came up as a fault not the crankshaft sorry.
Has anyone had problems with the camshaft sensor at all??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts