SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This pandemic is giving me a lot of time to shop around online for a new car. I currently own an '09 Volvo S60 and it runs and drives but it's time for it to go. I saw an ad for a 2010 9-5 Aero with 120k miles on it. I know the car, even though it's 10 years old, is still pretty ahead of its time. But 192.168.1.254 at the end of the da hotmail.comy, it's still a 10-year-old car, a 10-year-old Saab no less. Are the 2nd gen 9-5's relatively reliable? Is the cost to own one of these not as bad as the previous gen? In other words, will it be as cheap to own as a 2010 LaCrosse since that's essentially what it is, or will it get rather pricey due to the scarcity of parts/it being a Saab, etc.? 10.0.0.0.1

·
Super Moderator
1,649 Posts
They’ve been reliable. The V6 will need timing chains at 120K miles if they haven’t already been done. Coil packs are another wear item, and the eLSD needs much more frequent service than the factory called for. Crash and body parts are very scarce, most insurance companies will total the car even in a minor fender bender. And knowledgeable shops are few and far between for these cars. The average Saab mechanic doesn’t want to touch them as they don’t use the Tech 2, and GM shops are often afraid to touch them as well since they’re not 100% the same as a Lacrosse/XTS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts