SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so...you know those ebay lip spoilers? Well I had a go at installing one just to see. I think I may keep it! All the ones that are supposed to fit our 9-5's are not quite the correct length, not to mention the angle at which the ends are cut at do not match the front-to-back line where the boot lid meets the sides of the car. Soo...I decided to order one from ebay extra-long and trim it myself. A little trim and then work with the dremel to shape the ends and it fits much better. Also they usually include that 3M double-sided tape pre-installed on the bottom, which I disposed of promptly. It's great stuff but it's just too thick so it caused the spoiler to be raised up too high IMO. I ordered the 3M tape that BMW uses to install it's lip spoiler on the M5, and it's super-thin and super-strong. Came out perfect!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good, did you order one painted or just the black color? Was thinking about doing the same thing.
Good question. Well since I was doing some mods to the spoiler I didn't want it painted. My intention was to have the thing painted matte black since my rub strips, door handles, sharkfin, etc. are all that color, but I decided to see how it would look just with the raw rubber. I actually think it matches very well. I may pull it off and have it painted when spring rolls around, but I'm pretty happy with it now.

I actually have two (2) Hirsch-style boot spoilers that are for sale because I wasn't keen on how they looked on my car. I never even installed the thing. I wanted more of the subtle look like the M-cars have, and the Hirsch-style one was a bit bulky for my tastes....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts