SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will these fit without rubbing on a 2003 Arc Wagon? Anybody have experience with these tires? I've seen pictures with these rims fitting as well. I have read mixed reviews and I'm considering a used set with 2/3 tread left. Thanks in advance. I'm a newbie.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like the outside diameter is the same as my stock tires just the width is greater. I'm thinking it shouldn't be a problem because the offset will be a negative change from 49 to 41 pushing the wheels out further.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
235 45 17 Bridgestone Pole position I run, with a 15 mm front spacer and no rubbing at all. I beleive thats the stock 9.5 size in 2006 up, at least that is the size I had OEM on my car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Did you require the spacer to prevent rubbing? I think the offset on your rim is the same as those I plan to get. Looks very good!

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Did you require the spacer to prevent rubbing? I think the offset on your rim is the same as those I plan to get. Looks very good!
no I have to run the spacer to clear the Brembo conversion with stock wheels. when i run the Ion Redline wheels I dont need that spacer. But still no rubbing. The spacers now are permanent as I threw away the wheel bolts and went to wheel studs and McGard spline drive wheel nuts; there are way better, and same as OEM design with floating tapered seats.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not sure about the rims, but I'm afraid you won't like the G019 tires. I have purchased 2 sets of them over the years, and purchased a Mercedes E-class that already had them installed.

They grow insanely loud as they wear, and it only takes about 10,000 miles for them to start making noise, up to that point they are whisper quiet. Also the ones on the front will wear strangely making you think you need front end work done, when in fact it is a characteristic of the tire.

Buy them cheap, if you can, drive until you can't stand the noise anymore, as they are grippy, then throw them in the trash, there will be more than 1/2 tread left but your ears will be bleeding by then.

I'm serious, my wife's Mercedes E-class was louder going down the road than my Dodge Ram 4x4 Diesel, with aggressive truck tires on it.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Interesting. I checked my fave site for quick reviews www.1010 tires.com and found 111 reviews and they are pretty much 100% in agreement with you the noise is terrible. Also there is a big banner "no longer available" lol

Then i checked my latest summer tires for the SAAB, the Bridgestone Pole position s04 or 3 i forget which one, but the reviews talk of noise as they wear but not as much as the G019.

The ride and handling and directional stability of the Pole Position sold me for sure and very good price cant overlook that. So far not noisy at all. But its winter, so they are tucked away safely in their black garbage bags cool dry and away from the sun

·
Registered
395 Posts
G019's are being discontinued, as they are horrible all around. They never met their mileage warranty, noisy as hell, worn unevenly no matter how many alignments are done. They were even being sold for $30 a pop at my work to push them out the door (I work at a nationwide auto care center that is owned by Bridgestone...)

The RE970AS is an amazing tire for these cars. We've got a set on our 06 9-5, and the only time they've made a sound is when traction control is off and sport mode is on, and it's only for a second. They're not as quiet as Turanza Serenity Plus's, but still very quiet. They've got a 30 day buy-n-try attached to them, and they are VERY much worth every penny. They're super popular out here with WRX/STI drivers as you really just need a good all season tire out here in the NW. I've got plans to put a set of 225/45/17 on my 9-3 once I find a set of 17" wheels for her :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts