SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of going with a 225 instead of a 215 on my '03 'vert sport package (Viggen body package). This would be on the stock double-y wheels. Car will be on Eibach's

Any fit issues? Anything I need to trim?

·
Registered
18,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah... it's off a little either way. The .40 is about 5mm low, the .45 is about 5mm high. Speedo error is less with the .45. Seems like a toss up on accuracy so it's just a case of clearance.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have 225/45/17 with Eibachs and BBS RKs on my Viggen. The only rubbing was on a 1" plastic nub on the outside top of the front plastic fender liner on compression. Once that rubbed away, all was fine. The RK's are 35 mm offset, I think the double Y's sit a good bit further inboard. You should be fine. Good luck.

·
Registered
18,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 225/45/17 with Eibachs and BBS RKs on my Viggen. The only rubbing was on a 1" plastic nub on the outside top of the front plastic fender liner on compression. Once that rubbed away, all was fine. The RK's are 35 mm offset, I think the double Y's sit a good bit further inboard. You should be fine. Good luck.
Are you talking about the tall plastic nuts that hold the liner in? Something like what's shown on page 2, step 2 of this TSB?

http://www.genuinesaab.com/psi/files/17in-wheels.pdf

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
The double Y alloys should be ET49, but i am sure there are two versions of the wheel, one of which has a slightly lower offset. (there were wheels for the 9-3 and wheels for the 9-5)
the better looking ones (not the flat face) are +42 if i recall.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Are you talking about the tall plastic nuts that hold the liner in? Something like what's shown on page 2, step 2 of this TSB?

http://www.genuinesaab.com/psi/files/17in-wheels.pdf

Thanks,
No. It's at the highest point of the fender liner, on the very outside edge where the fender liner meets the fender. Run your finger under there and you will feel a slight protrusion, about an inch long or so. I don't know why it's there. It's almost not worth mentioning, the rubbing was so minor.

·
Registered
18,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, thanks, I will look for that nub.

RE: 49 vs 42mm offset - checking my wheels. I thought they were 42, but I'm not sure I read that on the wheel.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i have (rims are 40+ offset) 215 50 17 on my car at the moment, about to put 225 45 17 on, and i only rub on full lock one way because the plastic on the front passenger wheel well is broke and is not where it should be. this is on a stock 2000 tho, if that matters.
it also rubs when i have 4 people in the car when i go over bumps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts