SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wider and shorter. Anybody out there have any experiance with this little of a change. I dont see any prblems other than my car might be a click or two on the speedo.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I thought about this too with my Falkens, and decided against it.
I don't have sports suspension, so it's not lowered. I thought the wide, lower profile tires would make the gap between the wheel & fender look even bigger. I made that mistake on my previous car and it looked ridiculous from the side.

I also justified it by telling myself the thinner tire would work better in the snow than the wider tire. But I have all-seasons.

Cosmic, do you have a before & after photo?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Viscouse said:
I thought about this too with my Falkens, and decided against it.
I don't have sports suspension, so it's not lowered. I thought the wide, lower profile tires would make the gap between the wheel & fender look even bigger. I made that mistake on my previous car and it looked ridiculous from the side.

I also justified it by telling myself the thinner tire would work better in the snow than the wider tire. But I have all-seasons.

Cosmic, do you have a before & after photo?
I do not. I honestly can't really tell any difference in the gap between the tire and the body. The tires are visually wider though, they look a bit more agressive. Still though, changes in appearance are so minimal I wouldn't count it either way, good or bad. I can take an after picture so you can see what it looks like.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Need to bump this. Just looking for more people that has made this change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts