SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this too big of a tire for the front of my base '99 9-3? They'd be going on Delta's, fwiw.

They'd be getting filled with screws and/or bolts, so rubbing = bad...

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
So, uh, yeah... they're huge.
How bad they rub? Here's one on mine:

I never drove on it but it doesn't rub when the suspension isn't compressed. What happens at full compression I dunno.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have put these all the way around my car as to they are cheaper then the 55 series. It only changed the speedo by 2 mph at 70. The ride is a little smoother and quiter. They do not rub at all and I have bottomed out not on my own but really bad pot hole yesterday and no rub. I did notice that the gas mileage in the city went down a little but not much. On the highway it went up.

The 2 mile difference in the speedo is when it reads 70 I am running 68. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
^^that does not make sense. If it were a bigger circumference tire then # of revs per given speed is less, therefore the speedo would read lower than actual speed.
-Cm

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No idea. I sat one next to one of my tires and it was a lot bigger, so I decided not to risk it... especially for what I'm planning :cool:

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
^^that does not make sense. If it were a bigger circumference tire then # of revs per given speed is less, therefore the speedo would read lower than actual speed.
-Cm
Correct - unless the speedometer reads REALLY fast to begin with!

Stig - When I put that 205/65 on the car, it looked HUGE. I actually liked it, it was really aggressive, it reminded me of some of the cars in the Rallye Paris-Dakar :lol::lol:!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correct - unless the speedometer reads REALLY fast to begin with!

Stig - When I put that 205/65 on the car, it looked HUGE. I actually liked it, it was really aggressive, it reminded me of some of the cars in the Rallye Paris-Dakar :lol::lol:!
Yeah, it would probably look sweet but I just do not want rubbing with tires that are full of bolts/screws :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts