SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. My mom has a 2011 Saab 9-5 Turbo 4 (not the premium) Ever since I started driving it, I've noticed there is a delay from when you push on the throttle to when the engine actually revs. My mom does't notice it, but she's not really alert on those things. It's always had some delay according to my dad, but he nearly was hit pulling out of a busy intersection and had to wait 1/2 second for the car to respond to the pedal.

So naturally my dad wants to address it. The car has 42,000 miles. It used to randomly throw a P0014 code, but the engine light has been off for over a year now. So little information on the NG9-5.

Hope someone can give me clues. I'm thinking perhaps cleaning the throttle body and MAF might help, but would that be an issue at only 42,000 miles. I've noticed hesitation since I first drove it at 27,000 miles, it doesn't seem worse, but my dad doesn't like it, and neither do I.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Download a copy of the WIS. There's a post over in the 9-3SS forum about where to download it and how to run on Win7 and above.

The P0014 code has to do with the exhaust cam timing not responding to timing changes requested by the ECM. The timing is advanced and retarded via solenoids and oil pressure. Low oil level, low oil pressure, dirty oil as well as component failures can affect both the exhaust cam timing (P0014) and the intake cam timing (P0011). And note that the inability to change cam timing when required and really affect engine performance.

There's a big section in the WIS for understanding and testing cam timing problems... Ron

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to read up on it. But the engine light came back on last week, and the hesitation got worse, but then it went away on it's own and seems better. Still hesitates. One thing I don't like about this car is how little information, few parts, and how the WIS is written for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.