Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire

Well, I'm done. My seventh and last Saab. Went out on top though.

110k miles. Really good shape. Standard SRX issues. I fixed the sunroof issue years ago. Passenger side mirror has clear coat failure and the rear overhang has it too. I can do a Youtube video walkaround if there's any interest.

Everything works. I figure the O2 sensors are close due to mileage and a code that pops every once in a while.

I'm in San Antonio, Texas. My name is Joe. Figure it's worth $8500. If you're interested, please text me at 210-336-3612.

·
Super Moderator
9,887 Posts
I cross-posted this on the Facebook 9-4X group for some more exposure.

1. What's the history? How many owners?
  2. This is a FWD model I assume?
  3. What was the oil change interval?
  4. Brake lights and light bar functioning? Any night pics of the back?
  5. Rear window wiper cover missing - do you have it or did it fall off at some point?
  6. Front seats - heated/ventilated?

Reactions: Joshinator99

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cross-posted this on the Facebook 9-4X group for some more exposure.

1. What's the history? How many owners?
  2. This is a FWD model I assume?
  3. What was the oil change interval?
  4. Brake lights and light bar functioning? Any night pics of the back?
  5. Rear window wiper cover missing - do you have it or did it fall off at some point?
  6. Front seats - heated/ventilated?
Hi, I'll answer best I can:

1. I'm pretty sure I'm the second owner. Bought it at a local Mazda dealer 6 years ago.
2. Yes, FWD not AWD. Paperwork says 'Premium' edition, which I always thought was weird because I see pics of these with a full color display.
3. Oil changed by me on 5k basis. Always use Castrol synthetic.
4. Brake lights good, most of those doggone led units on the light bar are good. I hate zif connectors. I'll get a night pic this evening and post.
5. Rear window wiper cover probably yanked off by some little neighborhood s#*t. Found them online for $17 in stock.
6. Front seats both ventilated and heated. Work great.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, this has been up for weeks and not one single inquiry from any forum or local sale site. I've been on Reddit and seen pics that guys have taken of this model in traffic, it's so rare and 'desirable'. Anyone have an idea as to why nobody wants this car? Price? Location? Condition?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,364 Posts
Wow, this has been up for weeks and not one single inquiry from any forum or local sale site. I've been on Reddit and seen pics that guys have taken of this model in traffic, it's so rare and 'desirable'. Anyone have an idea as to why nobody wants this car? Price? Location? Condition?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Well, if I’m being honest:
1. It’s not an Aero, so base engine which is not very strong unfortunately
2. Condition is good, not great
3. Not AWD
4. A lot of people are nervous about owing the 9-4X since some replacement parts are probably more irreplaceable for that vehicle than any other Saab (windshield, light bar, etc).

Just my 2 cents of course, so please don’t think I’m bad-mouthing it. It looks to be a good value for someone who is ok with the points I made above, but it does narrow down the pool of willing customers unfortunately.

Reactions: Tal

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
Ditto.

Plus to be honest... Edmunds lists the private party value at $4k ish.

Most of us will wait till prices start coming down instead of paying the ridonkculous numbers sellers think they will get right now.

I've seen 9-5 sellers thinking they have a Bentley for sale instead of a lead sled with nonexistent parts availability that retailed with $10k - $15k right off MSRP because the car was massively overpriced.

·
Registered
11,066 Posts
FWIW I think it's priced fairly, IMO the slow selling is largely Josh's #4 point... it's a real-money car that includes some real risk. Similarly equipped SRXs sell for this or more money, so I don't think it's the equipment level holding it back. But you may end up having to lower the price to make it attractive enough for someone to take a risk on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I dumped it to Vroom for 6k. No worries. Guess I'm a Mazda dork now. Bought a 3 year old CX-9.

Best to everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.