SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Group,

I'm interested in replacing the bulbs (low beam, DRL, and high beam) on my 2011 9-3 2.0T to a whiter hue to more closely match the eyebrow lights. I don't want them to look too blue as some people do to their cars.

Can you share some resources to do this please for headlights?

Also, is there a separate light for the DRL or is it the same as the low beam?

How do I know if I have self leveling headlights - is that for adaptive headlights only?

-Roy

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
The first question would be do you have Halogens or HIDs? If you have HIDs, the higher the Kelvin (6000K +) the more blue it is going to be. 3500K are Stock I believe (at least for '03 9-3) and have the brightest (White) output. Something around 4000k I'm sure would be good as well, thats what I plan on replacing mine with.

To tell if they are auto leveling, when you start your car, do your lights appear to move at all?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
3500k is yellowish actually, stock is typically 4300k-5000k.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Group,

I'm interested in replacing the bulbs (low beam, DRL, and high beam) on my 2011 9-3 2.0T to a whiter hue to more closely match the eyebrow lights. I don't want them to look too blue as some people do to their cars.

Can you share some resources to do this please for headlights?

Also, is there a separate light for the DRL or is it the same as the low beam?

How do I know if I have self leveling headlights - is that for adaptive headlights only?

-Roy
I recently purchased my 2011 9³ Turbo⁴ and it did not have the HID or the adaptive headlights. I did replace my headlights with a 35W slim aftermarket HID kit with 6000K bulbs. I purchased my kit off of ebay and it had resistors built in to cancel the strobing. Here is the link to what it looks like. I have not resized the image, so it's huge on the forum. Sorry for the link.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/img1231mi.jpg/

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
5000K is the closest to white that you can get. But it does vary on the company too.

Also. If you go to a 55w HID, the colors change too. I believe a white would be close to the 6000K range

·
Registered
521 Posts
You want either 4500k or 5000k 55w hids. 6000k would be somewhat bluish

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the idea of converting to HID. I checked out some youtube videos and the installation is fairly simple.

The only question I have is if it draws more or less power than the standard halogens I have? What are other possible "side effects" of installing?

Thanks,
Roy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts