SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 9 3 with a factory (non-Bose) stereo and no Onstar. I'd like to have bluetooth and want to know if there is anyway of adding it through the factory stereo and using the steering wheel controls. Im not a fan of aftermarket add-ons that have to be mounted to the dash like the parrot. I really want an OEM look.

Looking online I've found all sorts of harnesses and such, but I can't understand what they do or how they work.

What ticks me off is I was told the car had Bluetooth when I bought it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wanted bluetooth in the 2007 MB C230 I bought and the Mercedes options were too expensive. I ended up buying a Garmin 2595 LMT GPS unit that also had bluetooth. It connected seamlessly with my Pantech phone. Only complaint is that the speaker for the incoming calls is not as loud as I would like.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I have a 2010 9 3 with a factory (non-Bose) stereo and no Onstar. I'd like to have bluetooth and want to know if there is anyway of adding it through the factory stereo and using the steering wheel controls. Im not a fan of aftermarket add-ons that have to be mounted to the dash like the parrot. I really want an OEM look.

Looking online I've found all sorts of harnesses and such, but I can't understand what they do or how they work.

What ticks me off is I was told the car had Bluetooth when I bought it.
welcome to the forum.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1987165&postcount=28

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the fast response, but I may be too daft to understand. After reading your post I'm still not sure what you did or how you achieved it. I guess I need a dummies guide to adding bluetooth to a factory (non-Bose) 2010 radio.

In other words, I need this part that does X, and this part that does X, and then you install them to X and ta-da, Bluetooh with steering wheel controls.

Am I asking the impossible? As for cost, don't let that factor in yet. I just need to know if it's possible and exactly how to do it.

Thanks if anyone can fill in these blanks.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I thought all 2009+ had bluetooth? I have a 2008 without bluetooth and no bose, and also having a hard time trying to figure out what I need to add it. You will get responses on aftermarket stuff, but it seems like nobody can tell you exactly what you need and how to install for oem equipment.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I thought all 2009+ had bluetooth? I have a 2008 without bluetooth and no bose, and also having a hard time trying to figure out what I need to add it. You will get responses on aftermarket stuff, but it seems like nobody can tell you exactly what you need and how to install for oem equipment.
Same, I have a 2009 and have BT

·
Registered
683 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I am new to the forums and I would appreciate any help.

I have a 2009 9-3 vector with phone buttons on the radio and a single din radio. I am wondering if I can somehow make the bluetooth and phone buttons work but frankly I have no idea.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how?

I am in the UK and obviously have a UK registered car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll be interested to see if this works. It didn't work on my 2008 with Bose, although others have gotten it to work with the nav radio. The steering wheel buttons would not work, so I couldn't activate the pairing sequence. If it works, they've added something to the radio probably.
I know it's an old thread , but I have an 08 93 aero w/ bose - did you ever get bluetooth with steering controls??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts