SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, when I press the trunk release and the trunk is closed nothing happens. But when I press it when the trunk is open, I can hear the mechanism functioning. What could the issue be? Right now I need to use either the interior release or my key to open the trunk.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Broken wire between REC and trunk motor.
Fix it ASAP, you could damage REC even when you are not using trunk open button. Trunk motor is powered from battery via REC. There is NO FUSE.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Broken wire between REC and trunk motor.
Fix it ASAP, you could damage REC even when you are not using trunk open button. Trunk motor is powered from battery via REC. There is NO FUSE.
****. Trunk opening & REC Warning should I do this as well? And would the broken wire be from the trunk switch or from the REC? I just picked the car up so I'm very new to Saabs.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
You should be able to find the wiring diagram in the WIS in the Tech2 section.Also check continuity of each wire back to REC and then find the one with break.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should be able to find the wiring diagram in the WIS in the Tech2 section.Also check continuity of each wire back to REC and then find the one with break.
What does WIS mean? Is Tech2 a section of the forum?

·
Registered
454 Posts
What does WIS mean? Is Tech2 a section of the forum?

WIS (Workshop Information System) is the shop manual for the car. Tech2 is the scanner.

Take a look at the stickies in the Tech2 forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts