SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,very new to world of Saab, have just bought a 9.3 Aero 2.8 V6 XWD with the touch screen sat nav, was a bit annoyed that a car of year and cost has to have ipod connected via a patch lead to the front aux point.

Is there any way that the ipod can be connected in such a way so that I don't have to have this lead plugged in the front, looks awful.

My last car Alfa 3.0 GTV 2002 was able to have a dension hook up that allowed seperate dock that fitted nicely in arm rest[ out of sight] and gave me switch on and next track through the sony head that came with the car.

Full use would be great, but are there other options as stated above with my Alfa.

By the way the car is awesome,not as fast as the Alfa, but far more useable and enjoyable.

Jetset41:D

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
There really is only one simple way that an Ipod can be hooked up to a 2007+ 9-3 in the way you would like (full control) and that is to replace the stock headunit with an aftermarket one with those capabilities.

See the Kenwood link in my sig for info.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I think I just saw a thread on this. If I remember correctly, there is a USA-Spec adapter that works with the OEM Nav head unit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stevedol,
Thanks for your info, but I've just bought the car with the sat nav, so would seem extreme to rip it out right away.

Rhodydave,
If you could supply a bit more info for me to chase that would be great, even if I don't get full access to all ipod menus, just flick to next track as I had with my dension hook up in the Alfa GTV,plus I didn't have a damn lead flapping around.

Jetset41;)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Rhodydave,
If you could supply a bit more info for me to chase that would be great, even if I don't get full access to all ipod menus, just flick to next track as I had with my dension hook up in the Alfa GTV,plus I didn't have a damn lead flapping around.
Jetset41;)
Visit this thread

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157742&highlight=SUCCESS!

and look for Kandiru's post dated 28-05-09. He installed a USASpec PA-20GM in an '08 w/ Nav radio, but it will probably work in an '09 as well. Like Kandiru, I have used USASpec in other cars and found them reliable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi RhodyDave,
AS far as I have read this only works in USA spec SAAB's not UK spec as we don't have XM radio, I will investigate more.

Thanks for your help and info.

Regards,

Jetset41

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi RhodyDave,
AS far as I have read this only works in USA spec SAAB's not UK spec as we don't have XM radio, I will investigate more.

Thanks for your help and info.

Regards,

Jetset41
Ooops! I hadn't noticed you were in UK, but I also didn't know that XM didn't work outside North America. Following the thread, it appears that this thing does plug into the XM box, though you couldn't get that from the vendor's web site. Sorry.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Are you sure it is not a 2009, I thought there was no V6 for 2010.
Still a nice car regardless of the year.

Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys,
luckily the 2.8T XWD was on special discount with £8200 off list price, would have been £23500, but as last one in UK, had been spec'd with few extras, Sat Nav, tiptronic auto box, premium leather,bluetooth, but either way got a lot of car for price of top range Mondeo, if there is such a thing.

I'm loving it anyway,

Jetset41

1 - 13 of 13 Posts