SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-3 Aero FWD 6MT
148 Posts
Thank you guys all for the input! I really appreciated it. I can’t quite do a flush but I’m going to be doing 3 full changes with Mobil 3309, hopefully It’ll get a little better from these. Next step is to check the input and output speed sensors? and possibly the solenoid?
That will flush it, look up your transmission in this: 9-3SS ' How to ...' Section. As far as the speed sensors, they are magnet based, so they might have some metal or debris on them preventing them from working properly. You still need to use a Tech2 so you won't be throwing parts at it.
TCC solenoid sticking or torque converter is gone
Also possible, but don't worry yourself to death over it. Start with a Tech2 and flush, then go from there.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
TCC solenoid sticking or torque converter is gone
Ya, maybe SLU (lock up) solenoid, since it's one of the PWM-driven ones. At that point you break out the AF33 service manual.

·
Registered
2010 9-3 2.0T
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Also possible, but don't worry yourself to death over it. Start with a Tech2 and flush, then go from there.
I don't have a tech2, and it seems like a 300$ purchase if I'm looking at the right ones. Do you know if any auto stores carry them and could do a free scan? There's a Saab place about an hour from here, but I'm not sure I'd want to drive it that far.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-3 Aero FWD 6MT
148 Posts
I don't have a tech2, and it seems like a 300$ purchase if I'm looking at the right ones. Do you know if any auto stores carry them and could do a free scan? There's a Saab place about an hour from here, but I'm not sure I'd want to drive it that far.
They were dealer diagnostic tools. Most parts shops barely know what OBD2 is, so I doubt they would know about Tech2. Any GM dealer should have one because they still have to fulfill the airbag warranties and replace CIMs.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts