SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carscoop on 2010 9-1

Saab will enhance its range in 2010 with the 9-1, a new entry-level model that will compete in the premium hatch segment against the BMW 1-Series and the Audi A3. Swedish car magazine “Teknikens Varld” hosted an interesting rendering of Saab’s forthcoming hatch that’s heavily inspired from the Aero-X concept. While we can’t say for sure that the 9-1 will actually look like the car pictured here, we think that the Swede’s rendering gives a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Available in 5door and 3door versions, the 9-1 will be built on GM’s updated Delta platform sharing many components with the next generation Opel / Saturn Astra. Apart from the usual turbocharged petrol and diesel engines, German newspaper “Automobilwoche” is reporting that the 9-1 will also receive a hybrid version equipped with the GM-Mercedes-BMW co-developed, twin-mode full hybrid system.The later features two electronically controlled electric motors which act on a series of gears to create an infinitely variable drive system. The system fits within the space of a conventional automatic transmission and it’s combined with a battery pack that supplies power to the electric motors and also allows for full-electric propulsion. The hybrid system’s operating parameters include full engine stop at idle and full electric propulsion at launch. The electric motors are also used for deceleration, recuperating kinetic energy during braking and coasting thus charging the battery pack.

Rendering via: Teknikens Varld

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know the front end is based on the Aero X concept but i think it looks tacky on all the production models

But kudos for bringing back the 3 door hatch

-waits for the name-calling and debate to begin:roll:-

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I really do hope it looks like that when it eventually comes out. If it does, I think it'll bring a lot of new 20 & 30 something Saabers into the fold.

G

·
CleveSaab said:
Should have made that 5 years ago, when we first saw it. ;)
Yeah, these magazines don't have much new to report.. The 9-1 was already spotted in 2002 in Paris. At least I think it's Paris, not sure what the name is of that shopping square where you can easily find a single piece of jewelry that costs more than a new Saab Turbo X.. :confused:

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
G

·
SaabKen said:
Actually that was the 9-3X Concept, an evolution of the 9-X Concept.
Yeah, I know but I couldn't link to that website with more info about the 9-3X.. ;) That would be something different if the 9-X could make it into the 9-1.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wulf said:
The 9-1 was already spotted in 2002 in Paris. At least I think it's Paris, not sure what the name is of that shopping square where you can easily find a single piece of jewelry that costs more than a new Saab Turbo X.. :confused:
Think its the Place Vendome, Paris.

BTW thought the 9-1 was going to appear before the 9-5...
in which case its going to be a long wait for the big car :roll:

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Cliche` said:
That angle between the top of the side glass and the roof make it hideous, but maybe that's just me.
LOL... what? Thats like the exact same slope the NG900 / OG9-3 have when the rear glass meets the root

I think the a3 looks really generic, worse than a golf / rabbit or whatever its called these days

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
boon94 said:
LOL... what? Thats like the exact same slope the NG900 / OG9-3 have when the rear glass meets the root

I think the a3 looks really generic, worse than a golf / rabbit or whatever its called these days
Another VW-Audi mistake, the renaming of the Golf to Rabbit.
GM must take advantage of every competitors mistake and not make the same ones themselves.
Procede carefully..
The 9-1 ?
Interesting, but needs work.
Lousy rear end "styling".
The lights are far too large, that huge license plate should disappear, clean and practical should rule...

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Personally I think this car would bring in huge sales numbers. I like it a lot.
Price it just right, not to exxpensive, and sit back and count money. ;)

·
Registered
824 Posts
This is a car that the Saab hatchback purists should love. And being a hatch won't hurt 9-1 sales because a lot of its competitors will be hatchbacks as well.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hippie said:
I know the front end is based on the Aero X concept but i think it looks tacky on all the production models

But kudos for bringing back the 3 door hatch

-waits for the name-calling and debate to begin:roll:-
that's not a hatch, it's yet another wagon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.