SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i just bought my 9-3 a few months ago and have been upgrading the sound system as i go. I was wondering if anyone knew the impedance of the 2 6.5" door speakers and the 4" speakers on the back shelf. i dont have the luxury of another car to drive/ a garage to tear everything apart during these minnesota winters. Thanks in advance for any info!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Are you doing the 6x9's?
I changed them for some proper Pioneer 3 ways.
The standard 6x9's were Pioneer too actually but only one way speaker and not very powerful.
The rear shelf cover pops off easy, some small fixings and a clip type thing at the back, you need to watch the back clip locates when you put the shelf cover back.

·
Registered
127 Posts
OK, I wonder if the wiring would be about to fit them.
Or you could use the wiring for the 4" speakers for 6x9 speakers.
Not sure if you would get the full bass to them.
Door speakers could be 2-ohm.
You could wire in a smallish amp to power the 6x9's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya i have a fairly large sub system in the trunk so im just looking for midbass and highs so its not distorting

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have installed an ESX 1100A purchased from Amazon. Build quality is top - body is 100% aluminum. It fits into the spare wheel rim and produces massive bass.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,132 Posts
As said doors are 2ohms. Are you amping them? If not you want high sensitivity to hear them. Infinity usually has a high sens 2 ohm. Also, needs to be low profile (i..e smaller magnet).

Rear 4" are 4 ohm and attenuated for half volume. You can steal their signal and run an amp and some 6x9s but the sound isn't great. I've run signal from doors and also 4" to my amp for my 6x9s and door was far superior. It's mostly midbass as well which is what you want.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice and still have boot space.
Did a google search for a picture of the actual sub.
Not that cheap but it looks good and I'm sure it sounds great.
Don't really need boot space that often myself.

What is your set up like Anthony?

·
Super Moderator
8,403 Posts
The stock amp doesn't have enough rms power to run bigger speakers so they need to be amped or speakers with a high sensitivity(90-94db)as Diggs says..And the 6x9s only receive sub bass/bass signal,so any tweeter will be sitting there looking pretty..IMO the door speakers aren't that bad there the only ones only ones I've not replaced..

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm getting full sound from my 6x9's, luckily the person that bought my car from new ordered the decent sound system package.
I mentioned running an amp for the 6x9's to Anthony as he hasn't got them fitted from the factory.
You helped me into fitting a Line Output Converter some time ago John and it's been great.
Recently upgraded to the Fli with built in amp from Bro In Law.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts