SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I’m having an issue with my A/C the compressor went out so I replaced it, now the drive side is blowing out cold air and the passenger side is blowing out hot air ???

·
Super Moderator
20,207 Posts
Low on gas.

·
Super Moderator
20,207 Posts
Then it leaked out.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Stepper motor recalibration with TECH2.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking maybe it’s the blend door actuator ? Because I hear a clicking noise on the passenger side by the glove compartment

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
99% under charged gas.
u can run blend door calibration without a tech2, but calibration will not do anything if the motor is broken.
and if u have tech2 better use it to read A/C pressure while working.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok when I put my new compressor in I had someone recharged the A/C but maybe they didn’t do it right or it leaked out
What do you think the clicking noise could be on the passenger side under the dash ? It starts clicking when I turn the air off and when I turn the air on it clicks for like 10 seconds then stops

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Damper motor, as Hus_sho says.

·
Super Moderator
20,207 Posts
Mine has clicked for like 15 years. That's not the issue.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
That usually means the plastic pawl or stop in the stepper motor mechanism for the damper are stripped if the damper's calibrated.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ok when I put my new compressor in I had someone recharged the A/C but maybe they didn’t do it right or it leaked out
What do you think the clicking noise could be on the passenger side under the dash ? It starts clicking when I turn the air off and when I turn the air on it clicks for like 10 seconds then stops
Do you get the same noise when you press the air recirculation button ( I think that is what it is called)?
Yellow circled button

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,207 Posts
I'd check charge again.

Reactions: salth2oj

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The clutch was bad I put Freon in the old compressor and the clutch didn’t engage that’s how I determined it was a bad compressor so I put the new compressor in, had someone re-charge it, now the clutch an everything is engaging it’s just blow out cold air on the driver side, and blowing out hot in the middle an the passenger side

·
Registered
14 Posts
The clutch was bad I put Freon in the old compressor and the clutch didn’t engage that’s how I determined it was a bad compressor so I put the new compressor in, had someone re-charge it, now the clutch an everything is engaging it’s just blow out cold air on the driver side, and blowing out hot in the middle an the passenger side
I have a 2009 95 and have the exact same issue, had a very competent mech check it out and he ruled everything out so now we think it is a blend door issue which sucks for that is a pain and could be expensive. When the weather gets better I am going to take out the blower fan and run a scope down to see if I can find anything before I take the whole dash out. Let me know if you find anything [email protected]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts