SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this horse has been beaten, but I'm having some real trouble finding information on anything MY08+. Current setup is the stock 7 speaker system.

I've read that you can install a Line output Converter for RCA connections into AMP1 under the driver's side seat. I want to be sure that this just gets spliced into the output for the front speakers (to be sure you get the lows).

Another place that I'm getting stuck on is that there is apparently a place in the trunk you can pull power from (REC)? That was intended for the amp on the 13 speaker system. Can someone post a picture of this?

Lastly, I'm going to need to know where you connect the remote wire so the AMP will power on with the car. I'm looking for this rear AMP to power 2 10" subwoofers, but if I someone can show let me know how I can install 6" x 9" that would be great too.

Pictures would be helpful if possible.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
2007+ audio systems are completely different from the 2003-2006 system so there is no AMP1 under the seat on a 2009 9-3. There is a standard GM head unit and possibly an amp on drivers side in trunk depending on system.

Search for relevant threads related to 2007+ systems.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm running a 150w powered sub fed from the fuse panel in the trunk. I think it's slot 17... whichever one is labeled for a trailer is the one. Signal is from the front door speakers labeled FDR and FDL. I grounded to the amp mounting bolt. All together I think I was done in about an hour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.