SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok

I put a new walbro pump assembly in the tank, it was new but the fuel sending unit was broken (the clip that holds the float arm was broken) so I installed an aftermarket fuel sender which i unsoldered the original wires from the original unit and soldered them onto the aftermarket unit. Now the fuel gauge in the dash shows full when the tank is empty, is it just a matter of swapping the 2 wires to get it to work properly? I will check first that the float is not stuck. let me know
Dan

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
ok

I put a new walbro pump assembly in the tank, it was new but the fuel sending unit was broken (the clip that holds the float arm was broken) so I installed an aftermarket fuel sender which i unsoldered the original wires from the original unit and soldered them onto the aftermarket unit. Now the fuel gauge in the dash shows full when the tank is empty, is it just a matter of swapping the 2 wires to get it to work properly? I will check first that the float is not stuck. let me know
Dan
Did you by chance purchase it on eBay? I was looking at that one.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Does the rheostat on the aftermarket sender send the current/voltage the ECU can understand? Even the Saab ones aren't all the same, i.e. different ohms for the max and min positions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts