SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked over past posts, but none seem to adress this issue. I need to remove the rear head rests. How is it done?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yes that help.
You know A great member sent me a WIS on a disc but for the life of me I cant find the kind of thing you just posted. How do you do that?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Yes that help.
You know A great member sent me a WIS on a disc but for the life of me I cant find the kind of thing you just posted. How do you do that?

When you do your search and get the results run your mouse on the tabs (one at a time) at the top of the screen to choose what you want to do. In your case I chose the little hand with the wrench for adjustment/replacement for the info.. It's well worth it to get the EPC as well. I use that allot when I call the dealer to compare part prices.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can't figure it out!

It's dark and raining and I've just spent half an hour in the back of my car trying to remove the rear headrests, to no avail.

Unfortunately the picture above has disappeared.

Can anyone explain precisely and/or post a picture?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
I just took one of mine out this morning. One of the posts that the headrest's metal rods slide into has a rectangular button on the inside part that you can press with the car's key. When you press that, you can pull the headrest all the way out, but it will probably still be stiff and need a fair amount of force. The button you press is completely flush with the rest of the round post. I had to shine a flashlight on it before I could even see it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Many thanks!

I managed at last. Many thanks to all!

The button is nearly invisible. It's located on the inside side of the black plastic part in which the legs of the headrest are inserted, on the side that doesn't have the large button that you use to move the headrest up and down.

It's flush with the part itself and you will not find it without a flashlight.

R

PS: Not sure whether I've clarified or just added another layer of confusion...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts