SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need Help. 2009 9 3 Wiper Arm Slack.

Looking at my wipers I noticed the driver side arm has almost 3” of rest position slack. They operate normally and don’t appear to have any jerking when operation.
Is this normal. The bolt is tight.
Any help?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Could someone wiggle their arm and let me know
No slack movement on my 08.

Tho I did have some about a week ago, found the bushing in one of the links broken. It was not the dome shaped ones. The movement was only seen on the driver wiper, passenger side was good and tight

Unable to find a replacement bushing, picked up a used wiper link assy at the local yard.

I was able to see the problem by moving the arm and watching the linkage thru the cowl.

If you need a picture of the link/bushing, let me know

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.
I suspected something like that.
I was going to pull the cowl but my windshield wiper arm removal tool won’t quite fit under the edge of the hood. If it’s hard to remove as they are on a 9 5 this is not going to be fun.
A photo would be appreciated as well a tip to remove the arm.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The bushing that was caused the slack in my drivers arm was located on the link with the red line. The movement in the link was seen where the red arrow is pointing. Again, I didn’t need to remove the cowl to see this.

As far as I can tell, this bushing can’t be replaced, I needed to find a replacement assy.

I have been using a wiper puller like this, tho it is very tight to fit it on the drivers side it is possible

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
Aren't these the joints that many have used the Dorman kit for?

Maybe do a search?
If it is the domed ones, yes. The one underneath that failed on me, was located under the domed one on the link going to the drivers side. There are two on this pivot.
It looked like a regular plastic bushing, tho it was molded to fit the ball pivot. This is a picture of it, this is the non-broken one.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts