SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to use my rear window for probably the 10th time ever this weekend and heard a crack followed by a clicking noise. Afterwards, my window fell down to about halfway and would not go back up. I taped it up for the time being but I'm pretty sure from similar posts on this forum that I have a faulty window regulator on the rear driver's side.

I've found some fairly good how-to videos and posts covering this issue as it pertains to the front windows. Here is such an example: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112801&highlight=rear+window+regulator&page=2

Anyways, what I want to know (hopefully from someone who's done this before) is how similar the job will be for the rear window. Also, I've seen a lot of talk about the failure boiling down to broken window rollers which would be a seemingly cheap fix. However, I have not seen the window rollers being called out as the culprit on threads dealing with the 06-newer model 9-3s. Could my issue with a 2009 9-3 actually be a broken roller, or am I working with a different design that probably will require a new regulator?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
I would guess it's the roller, but likely the wiring got bound up and is all mangled now so you'll need a whole new assembly anyways. Should be similar to the front. I was just in there the other day replacing my lock actuator. It's a little tight, but shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would guess it's the roller
Thanks for the quick reply. In the event that this is the case, do you know where I can find replacement rollers that will work with my model year? A google search only turned up a few different websites, all of which only stated that they worked with the front windows. Each of the sites I found also only claim to work with older Saab 9-3s (03 and older).

For example, I found this on Amazon:

Amazon.com: URO Parts 44 93 433 Window Regulator Roller: Automotive

Seems to only claim to work with 99-03 Saabs and specifically claims to be for the Front.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. In the event that this is the case, do you know where I can find replacement rollers that will work with my model year? A google search only turned up a few different websites, all of which only stated that they worked with the front windows. Each of the sites I found also only claim to work with older Saab 9-3s (03 and older).

For example, I found this on Amazon:

Amazon.com: URO Parts 44 93 433 Window Regulator Roller: Automotive

Seems to only claim to work with 99-03 Saabs and specifically claims to be for the Front.
Yeah, I'm not sure. Want to be the guinea pig? :cheesy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts