SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Saab 95 I'm thinking my cats gone, engine bogs at 5000 rpm. All hoses, turbo, wastegate are tested and OK. But no H2S smell.
So, looking for used 2.25" or 3" (+/- cat) downpipe for 2003 SAAB 9-5 aero. We dont have emmissions tests here in Hawaii.
Suggestions?
Somebody suggested I disconnect the exhaust at the manifold, how do I protect the plastics from burning?
What does low o2 storage mean?
0216211210b[1].jpg

SAAB_0216211211[2].jpg

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Isn't there some method of removing the cat and pouring oven cleaner through it?

As regards damaging plastics - we often read of people of running with the bolts loosened for test purposes, and although I've never done it, I would think that as long as there's air flow around the engine bay its not too much of a worry.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Start with replacing spark plugs.
What is your DIC condition?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Cleaned out the top cat and then pressure tested with a vacuum

but the bottom one is blocked

off to the welder in the morning

and test it out.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't there some method of removing the cat and pouring oven cleaner through it?

As regards damaging plastics - we often read of people of running with the bolts loosened for test purposes, and although I've never done it, I would think that as long as there's air flow around the engine bay its not too much of a worry.
It was too blocked, I tested paint thiners in gas 1 gallon per tank.

I wrapped a piece of thin aluminuim flashing around the joint at the manifold to protect the engine and radiator. Worked well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts