SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
when you replaced the tpms module, did you remarry with tech2?
No, I didn't think you needed to. From what I understood it was plug and play. My local mechanic has no way of doing that. The new sensors found the module, it took about 10 minutes. Everything seemed OK, then I got the message again

Does the TPMS Module really need to be remarried with the Tech2?

·
Super Moderator
19,146 Posts
I'm pretty sure it does.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm pretty sure it does.
Well, Zero success today at Armon GM/Saab. I was told the module does not need to be remarried or programmed. The used the Tech2 tool, it found and reading all 4 of the Non OME sensors. They even did the "factory" reset. Yet the message still comes up. The mechanic said it could because the sensors are not factory and they are not talking to the module completely. I told them to just go ahead and install 4 new OEM sensors....of course they don't have them in stock and it would be 2-3 weeks to get them LOL:roll:. I'll going back to a real Saab mechanic in two weeks, I already told them to make sure they have 4 sensors in stock

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Over to the other Saab (Willow Grove) over the weekend. They called and said they were able to reprogram the sensors easy peasy. Now for the more shocking news. Since the day I owned it I've heard a knocking every once in a while from the front left side. Turns out BOTH springs were broken. $800 for the repair. Go grief, I now know why Saab went under......My last 6 cars had between 150K & 200K on them when I sold them. Never had I had a broken, shock or spring yet two of them at once.....WTF. Funny though, the car handled great. Wondering what it will be like when I get it back Lol

·
Super Moderator
19,146 Posts
Yes, the springs were a sour point for Saab. Glad you got the sensors sorted though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yes, the springs were a sour point for Saab. Glad you got the sensors sorted though.
Sway bar was also broken and replaced. I hate to admit it but I had them replace the foglight bulbs. I could reach them fine, however for the life of my I could get the connector to open. I guess its easier when the car is on a lift

21 - 30 of 30 Posts