Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name: Dave

Means of contact: PM please

Price: $13K for board member ($13.5k craigslist)

Description: 2008 Saab Sportcombi Aero wagon with the 2.8L turbocharged motor, and a 6-speed manual transmission. 55k miles. Metallic Ice Blue. Grey leather. Loaded, including Touring with swiveling headlights /heated seats. Only the SC has subwoofer in spare tire from the factory....how cool is that?!?! Can ship anywhere in US for about $700. Dealer serviced (now GMC). No snow. Little rain. Beautiful, unique, and rare car in very nice condition in Sunny SoCal.

Please PM me with any questions or to come view the car.

For sale locally, too.

Thanks,
Dave911

Pictures:

·
Registered
67 Posts
nice car, looks good.. I have an '06 Aero SC, except I wish mine was manual

·
Registered
403 Posts
I just met Dave and took his Sport-Combi for a test drive. The car looks great, is in great shape. Strong, torquey engine. It rows through the gears well, and handles smooth. Engine seems faultless. Exterior is in excellent condition.

I won't be making an offer on the car myself, for reasons having nothing to do with its condition. But I did want to let others who might be interested know that the car is worth an in-person look. Dave seems a good fellow too. Whoever gets this car will be lucky.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Biz-zump!

Let's go people. Sweet car, but Porsche's here soon...
Don't let this one go! Hard to find another this nice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
And the MPG? I just recently started looking into Saabs so I don't know too much about them. Previously I was looking into Mazdaspeed3 and Mazda3s.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I get about 22 mpg. Not much frewway driving lately. I had a 2.0 Turbo before this, which had better gas mileage, but the Aero is soo much better to drive. Let me know if any questions. Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
420 Posts
And the MPG? I just recently started looking into Saabs so I don't know too much about them. Previously I was looking into Mazdaspeed3 and Mazda3s.
As a bump, and to answer your MPG question...

My 6spd manual Combi gets consistently 26-27mpg average with 90%+ commute (highway) miles.

The auto aero supposedly is far less efficient which is why I only considered the manual V6.

Being tuned, I only ever fill with Premium.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bump

Wow. Still have her. Lot's of tire kicker's out there, especially from this website. If you just wanna drive the car, and have no intention of buying her, please do not waste my time. Thanks for understanding. Dave

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
OK so who is the lucky new owner?….

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll let them chime in as appropriate, but I can bet they're hauling some butt somewhere between LA and San Fran right now. A bit rainy out, but that's where Saabs really shine! Later all! D

PS - Here's a pic of my new daily driver. I'm guessing she'll be somewhat less practical, but somewhat more fun, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Funny an old Targa. The Targa was featured in two of the Velocity channel shows this week as part of the "Chasing Classic Cars" where he buys a 356 and a Targa if a "two-fer" out in Colorado, and then it the BBC show on where he and "Eddie" the mechanic bring life back to a 914 and a Targa.

My son suddenly chimes in the other day that it may be good for family relations if I was to get rid of the 1998 Corvette with 7,000 miles on it and try to trade or buy up to a 911 knowing that it is the one car that Wifey has always wanted in the garage.

There are too many things, like a perfect storm coming at me from different angles and last night i found myself scrounging Autotrader for a nice 911. And now this, I feel a Porsche is in my future :cheesy:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.