SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not wanting to spend $3000 to replace headlights with fogged lenses (and skeptical about effectiveness of remediation for the current set), I purchased a set of "OEM replacement headlight assemblies" from AUTOPARTS WAREHOUSE.

These units arrived, I dropped the bumper/grill fascia, and began swapping out the lights. Right away I noticed the pin connections are very different with fewer pins. Once installed, I realized they were $100 each because they don't begin to have the gee-whiz self-leveling, corner sensing/following guts of the originals. Fine. Car won't last forever and I don't want to spend $3K on lights for a vehicle that shows blue book of $4k to $6k.

The lights are in, they work. It just generates the 'cornering light failure' message. Do I need to do the old "Put a piece of black electrical tape over the VCR clock flashing 24:00" workaround? I would not use electrical tape - more likely to pick Velcro. However, this would mean missing any other messages & not necessarily a good thing.

If anyone has experience & suggestions about how to suppress this particular alert (or how to do so in general), please suggest.

Thanks,
JD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greatly appreciated this answer. Have been looking at Tech2 and see two versions (one good through 2007 & possibly not suited to my 2008 vehicle). Will make sure returnable or will just pay a local shop to make the configuration change. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts