Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Car:
-2008 Saab 9-3 Aero
-Bose system without NAV

Here is a picture:
http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2008-saab-9-3-4-door-sedan-aero-audio-system_100300216_l.jpg

I am new around here, and I apologize if ive put the is in the wrong place. Now on to my problem.

Background story: Girlfriend is getting out of car, cord wraps her leg, she yanks the cable out of the aux port. The cable did not break inside the port to my knowledge.

Problem now:
-Cable does not fit 100% perfect into the port.
-3mm short from clicking all the way in.
-It isnt a snug fit inside the port anymore (using new cable).
-Sound is only coming out of right speakers.

My question: Does anyone have any experiences with fixing AUX ports, or diagnosing problems? I have tried doing research to find a diagram how to take apart the stereo, but with no avail on my car. Is there anyway to replace the port itself without replacing the entire stereo?

Any help is appriciated, if anyone needs more info, I am more than glad to provide.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any word on this? I have a similar issue where I have to hold the 3.5mm plug hard into the AUX input or it switches back to the radio.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes, you posted in the wrong forum. If one of the mods would be so kind as to relocate this thread, OP may be able to get an answer to their question.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Hello everyone,

Car:
-2008 Saab 9-3 Aero
-Bose system without NAV

Here is a picture:
http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2008-saab-9-3-4-door-sedan-aero-audio-system_100300216_l.jpg

I am new around here, and I apologize if Ive put the is in the wrong place. Now on to my problem.

Background story: Girlfriend is getting out of car, cord wraps her leg, she yanks the cable out of the aux port. The cable did not break inside the port to my knowledge.

Problem now:
-Cable does not fit 100% perfect into the port.
-3mm short from clicking all the way in.
-It isn't a snug fit inside the port anymore (using new cable).
-Sound is only coming out of right speakers.

My question: Does anyone have any experiences with fixing AUX ports, or diagnosing problems? I have tried doing research to find a diagram how to take apart the stereo, but with no avail on my car. Is there anyway to replace the port itself without replacing the entire stereo?

Any help is appreciated, if anyone needs more info, I am more than glad to provide.

Thanks!
Please post this on the new generation 9-3 section.
A new post piece may cost $$$$$$and be unavailable ?
You may have to MacGyver things
Dremil
epoxy
BFH
JK about the hammer
If Saab, BMW , even GM use the same hardware, then they may have the fix.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any word on this? I have a similar issue where I have to hold the 3.5mm plug hard into the AUX input or it switches back to the radio.
I had no idea this thread was even still here haha.

An update on what I did, ended up taking out the radio, popping off the front, and then doing some work on the aux port.

The prong that touches the L/R speaker input was bent and not getting a contact point anymore, I did what I could to bend it back into place, and put the black aux cap back on it. It worked for a while but then wiggled its way off the contact point. the problem came down the cable bending the prong inside the port, causing the problem.

Edit: Which I have not been able to fix yet, I might just replace the entire stock stereo with an after market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts