SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I have a 08 9-3 2.0t, it's my daughters car . She loaned it to he mother , who dumped a large coffee into the ignition switch. It shorted out the switch, the carwould not recognize the key ...no dash lights ... no windows working ...everything was totally dead . I replaced the switch....I disconnected the battery and tied the 2 cables together to reset the computer, let it set over night. The next day I reconnected the battery, the car recognized the key and started up. It ran great, everything worked as it should. After leaving it set for a few hours ...no start no crank. I had to clear the computer every time I let it set more than 2 hours. Finally it wouldn't start at all. I have a parts car, same year , same engine and drive train. I swapped computer (ECU)- complete steering column (CIM)- Body control module(BCM)- sensor attached at the top of the windsheild- swapped all relays - checked all fusses under hood in the dash and in the trunk. It recognizes the key- key turns but no crank no start. I replaced the crank sensor. Tested the starter and relay , both are good. I'm not getting a signal to the starter relay or the fuel pump when I turn the key. Any ideas on how to solve this problem???

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
"Key not accepted"
You need to marry key(fob) to car and all swapped ecus to car.
For that you need TECH2 and security access.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am using the key from the parts car , along with all electronics from same parts car. The car accepts the key , the key turns , everything turns on and works just no crank. Parts car was running but bad engine knock.

·
Super Moderator
9,054 Posts
As mimmi says you need tech2 with Sec acc..you can't just swap parts around on modern cars like the old days..nearly everything in a modern vehicle has a computer,which needs to talk to the rest of the cars systems,if they aren't in sync = Large paperweight..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts