SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just thought I'd share with you how my setup sounds incase anyone is looking for direction for exhaust.

I'm using a magnaflow race series muffler (part#14148)
It is a fairly small muffler which allowed me to keep the tips hidden (I like surprising people with my stock looking unstock car ;) ). Exhaust is stock diameter, I kept the stock resonator. Car is running a custom "fisher" tune and I have a BSR optiflow with an AEM dryflow filter.

It's super bassy, I'm not sure if it's the camera's mic, or because of the turndown tip.

Enjoy http://youtu.be/1-7Iex89qAQ

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, the video turned out not be the best representation of the sound, I'll have a new one in a bit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
http://youtu.be/DjEX8xDiyuo
This video is a bit better. The tiny little mic on my point and shoot had some trouble capturing the sound.

Little bit about the car: Bsr Intake, custom tune T8 suite tune (251hp and 293ft-lb to the wheels), gs short shift+linkage reinforcement and dropped on vogtland springs.
[/url]
no plate by bethespark, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]
DSC00963 by bethespark, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]
DSC00965 by bethespark, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
sounds good, i like how you have the before and after clips.

btw, my cat would never let me brush her like yours does in your video haha

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha thanks, All those cat videos are up there for my girl friend. I found it quite amusing that youtube picked that picture out of all of them for the video picture. He has his moments sometimes the brushing goes down fine, other times it's bunny kick city followed by a loss of blood

·
Registered
752 Posts
I wish I knew how to weld, because i hate seeing welds like that where it looks like silver bubblegum mashed up there...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
next step is a downpipe and you can really get some good power ;ol;
That + clutch is next on the list.

Also did you have to roll your rear fenders with the konis+ vogtlands+ 25mm spacers? do you ever have trouble with rubbing?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
That + clutch is next on the list.

Also did you have to roll your rear fenders with the konis+ vogtlands+ 25mm spacers? do you ever have trouble with rubbing?
i actually don't have spacers anymore because they were wearing out my tires faster but i never had any issues with rubbing even with 4 football players and luggage in my car lol

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I have megan springs installed with 25mm spacers and I don't rub. Same twin spoke aeros with 225/45/17 tires. I actually will be putting vogtlands/konis on this weekend if I find the time. I think the megans give about the sam amount of drop though (I'm just not going to wait around for those rusty POSs to break on me!)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome, thanks for the info guys. Saabmick, are you running those springs on stock 2.0T struts?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Indeed, at first it wasn't bad at all, but the stock struts have reached over 100k life and with the last 35k on the megans, they're pretty much toast. It's the rebound that's really lost, it's not like they're uncontrollably bouncy (I mean they are bouncy, but I see cars way worse than mine everyday), they just kinda flop around when you hit a bigger bump.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Indeed, at first it wasn't bad at all, but the stock struts have reached over 100k life and with the last 35k on the megans, they're pretty much toast. It's the rebound that's really lost, it's not like they're uncontrollably bouncy (I mean they are bouncy, but I see cars way worse than mine everyday), they just kinda flop around when you hit a bigger bump.
I have a 2004 ARC vert with 54,000 miles, can i put lowering springs on with the ARC oem struts for now till i can afford better struts. Will it work ok? Or will anything get damaged? Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2004 ARC vert with 54,000 miles, can i put lowering springs on with the ARC oem struts for now till i can afford better struts. Will it work ok? Or will anything get damaged? Thanks
Worst thing that will happen is you wear out your stock struts faster. You can lower it, but the ride may differ from a complete spring/strut kit. If you're strapped for cash, go for it.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Yeah I'd go for it, but unless you plan on replacing the springs again later, go for a nicer set like vogtland, eibach or H&R. The megans were complete crap, the coating was already missing when they were new and when I took them out they were completely rusted, and some signs of pitting at the strut seat which means they were on their way to cracking.

I now have vogtlands and koni yellows installed and the ride is GREATLY improved. Not to mention all the other stuff I replaced which was well worth the money considering the car no longer creaks and moans over every little crack in the road. I replaced: sway bar links, strut mounts and top bearings, and the "zinc" spacers (little platic like covers on the base of the front springs) all at the same time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts