SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
sakamuras said:
Will the new 08 clear tail lights fit on pre-08 9-3's?
Just bought an '07 Aero, parchment/parchment for my daughter and we asked the dealer if the '08 lens could be substituted for the '07. So far it appears that the '08 lens are not even in the parts catalogue yet.

It appears that they are interchangable, just need to make sure all the bulbs line up (brake in same slot, running light in same slot, fog light in same slot, etc.) correctly and of course you have to change bulbs (red bulb for brake light, amber bulb for running/turn light, etc.).

·
Registered
59 Posts
DPSCOTT said:
Just bought an '07 Aero, parchment/parchment for my daughter and we asked the dealer if the '08 lens could be substituted for the '07. So far it appears that the '08 lens are not even in the parts catalogue yet.

It appears that they are interchangable, just need to make sure all the bulbs line up (brake in same slot, running light in same slot, fog light in same slot, etc.) correctly and of course you have to change bulbs (red bulb for brake light, amber bulb for running/turn light, etc.).
For some reason Saab has not released all the parts to North American market, relaesed 3 of the 4 lenses to the online Saab parts dealer I usually get stuff from. You can get them from atleast 2 European based online parts sites, but with they are much more expensive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Confirmation

Nachoman said:
For some reason Saab has not released all the parts to North American market, relaesed 3 of the 4 lenses to the online Saab parts dealer I usually get stuff from. You can get them from atleast 2 European based online parts sites, but with they are much more expensive.

i can confirm that yes the lenses do fit 100%... and that they can be ordered through the uk saab dealer robert bowett. however i was quoted just short of the £500 mark for all 4 lenses.

result...
GUTTED!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Yes....they will fit, they didn't change the trunk area in any way. Just get the right color bulbs as your original ones will be white. You need to get the appropriate white, red bulbs for sure...

Paul

·
Registered
191 Posts
Are we really doing this....Again?

What is this now 4 threads? 5?

I did this 5 months ago and this thread I posted has the part #'s and MSRP prices for the US.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132518

Sorry to be a troll but I have seen this rehashed over and over and the pictures, part# and prices have been on Saab Central for close to a half a year.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
DPSCOTT said:
Just bought an '07 Aero, parchment/parchment for my daughter and we asked the dealer if the '08 lens could be substituted for the '07.
Unless it is a convertable or the SportCombi which already has red rear reflectors built into the bumper then it would be illegal to fit the 08 lenses to a pre08 sedan unless red rear reflectors are added. 08+ sedans now have red rear reflectors built into the bumper whereas 2003-2007 sedans had them built into the light themselves and by fitting the clear lenses which only have red rear reflectors on the side you would be making the car illegal(unless you added some red rear reflectors to the back of the car).

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you like it do it.

Thumb your nose at the neahsayers.

I have Euro strips and 08 tails on my 9-3 and I have not yet been drawn into the abyys of hell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.