SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

Quick question....
My daughter has a 9-3 08 Aero with 120k.

I just came from eEuro and talking with a guy there he said there can be issues with valves on her engine.

He also said that some of these cars can have issues with the ECU shorting out the throttle body or throttle body shorting the ECU. He said to jump on any troubles that may arise and not to wait.

Does this sound correct??

Madmax26

·
Super Moderator
1,390 Posts
Hi All!

Quick question....
My daughter has a 9-3 08 Aero with 120k.

I just came from eEuro and talking with a guy there he said there can be issues with valves on her engine.

He also said that some of these cars can have issues with the ECU shorting out the throttle body or throttle body shorting the ECU. He said to jump on any troubles that may arise and not to wait.

Does this sound correct??

Madmax26
Nope. Sounds like he is confusing other engines with the 2.8 V6. The GM High Feature V6 can suffer from stretched out timing chains and the occasional dead coil pack, but is otherwise pretty solid.

·
Super Moderator
18,794 Posts
The 4 cylinder from that year has the valve issue, not your V6. Unless it isn't an Aero. All Aero's had V6 in North America in 2008.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Nope. Sounds like he is confusing other engines with the 2.8 V6. The GM High Feature V6 can suffer from stretched out timing chains and the occasional dead coil pack, but is otherwise pretty solid.

Yes, I just hope my second engine stand better than the first one. It was a timing chain stretch issue by the way!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
swedespeed7
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing