SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Im not trying to start crap, just prevent future issues. Providing the link and instructions is a lot more than telling people to go to their dealer. If its not an issue why dont you load it and let us know what happens? You can call all you want, but I gave the you the final answer from GM/Denso. I cant help how stupid they sound saying they dont have the code. It is what it is my man. They think it will start working again in August of 2020. Enjoy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just as an update. So, Although I can manually adjust the hours and minutes, actually does not mean the clock is working. The date is way off (Jan 01 2000). GM is very aware of this and there is a fix for Denso systems released on the 11/11/2019 (provided by the Corvette forum who share our same Nav unit). I haven't tried the official fix yet. But here's the GM Service Bulletin regarding this issue. You can take the car to a GM dealer (it's supposed to be a free fix from what I've read) or you can try the Denso fix provided by the Corvette forum.
NOTE This is a direct download link to the file.
https://tis2web.akamai.gm.com/radio/corvette_gps_my_05_10_fix.zip

1. Download the zip file.
2. Extract the KWI file.
3.Burn the KWI file to a CD-R a DVD disc will not work.
4.Start your car (Remove NAV Disc/Do not press NAV button).
5.Put the CD-R in the map disc slot.
6.The update will start automatically.
7.Reinstall your Nav disc and you should be good to go.

Technically, since this is just a clock programming file, it should work without issue on our Saabs as they share the same Denso unit as the Corvette. No additional changes are made to the Nav unit (as in no extra features, no new maps, just the file to fix the date and time).

I am not responsible for any of the unforeseen issues that may come about by doing this yourself including the worst case situation of bricking the Nav unit.
If you are not comfortable with the risk of doing this yourself, then I strongly suggest and urge you to go to a GM dealer instead.

Take note of this document as well when visiting the GM dealer so you can provide them with the Service Bulletin number.
View attachment 269668

I have tested the Corvette C6 fix and this is not doing anything harmfull to the Saab 95 but it does not recognize this loading file and does not install the fix . This just means another loading file is required to get the problem solved on our 95 with Denso system.
Corvette C6 , Cadillac STS (all GM) appearently already have fixes "arranged" via Denso organisation, but as Saab does not exist anymore , there may not be enough apetite to find the fix for Saab. ( I was told from a source close to DENSO , they cannot find the source code for Saab to solve this problem, like they did for the other vehicles )
Maybe more patience is required (likely until aug 2020 )

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Hmmm, maybe we should collectively start bugging Denso and GM to get a concrete fix for our cars seeing as it is recognized on their TSB as an effected make/model which falls back on their responsibility to fix the issue.
Denso systems are the same across the board, but now we know that each make/model has their own specific coding.

It's like what we do in Canada when we don't like something the government is doing, we complain privately which does nothing lol.
If we would actually take action, things would actually change. Just an idea, and hey, complaining worked for the Corvette people!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hmmm, maybe we should collectively start bugging Denso and GM to get a concrete fix for our cars seeing as it is recognized on their TSB as an effected make/model which falls back on their responsibility to fix the issue.
Denso systems are the same across the board, but now we know that each make/model has their own specific coding.

It's like what we do in Canada when we don't like something the government is doing, we complain privately which does nothing lol.
If we would actually take action, things would actually change. Just an idea, and hey, complaining worked for the Corvette people!
I like your spirit but that wont get you anywhere. Certain STS's wont be able to be fixed either. I carried the flag as far as I could and short of Denso finding our source code we are SOL.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts